Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southampton Away

Options
  • 21-12-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Not sure what to expect, the worst week as a Spurs fan in a long time... a performance and a win to lift the spirits would be nice :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Agree... Thankfully have a Christening tomorrow so can't watch the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hard to get myself up for this one, I think I'm still in shock. If Tim Sherwood is the Plan B I'm scared!

Hopefully we nick a win but expectations are low:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Have some faith... COYFS!!! 2-0 away win. I'll regret posting this come tomorrow but it beats being pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Presumably he'll play one up front? But who?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure how to correctly explain this but if we do happen to lose it might as well be in a way that shows Sherwood isn't up to the job... A flukey win or some sort of moral victory will only paper over the cracks mm if you know what a I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Presumably he'll play one up front? But who?

Soldado is a goalscorer if we play the right way , but something tells me the togan will play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Not sure what to expect, the worst week as a Spurs fan in a long time... a performance and a win to lift the spirits would be nice :rolleyes:
    Yeah we defiantly need a win to cheer us up a bit after a crappy week,at least our away record is fairly good and Southampton's recent form hasn't been great, I think they have only won one in the last seven games or something so there's hope for us.I would love to see Adebayor and Soldado up front and I think Sherwood might go with that pairing....coys for a 2-1 away win.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ade and Soldado upfront together, would like to see that given a chance.

Hoddle is on the panel today, be interesting to hear his opinion on the whole debacle. Lloris looked off key in the West Ham game, he was constantly punching the ball instead of collecting it. Vlad didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

It looks like Sherwood will be holding on to the managerial reigns, he's only had a few days at the helm, so I'm happy to give him the benefit. No idea what formation or who will line out? Sneaky feeling he'll play two up top.

Hope we keep things at the back tight, Southampton work extremely hard closing down, so no slips ups at the back.

Suppose many will be of sorts happy with Townsend's injury? I'm fairly confident and going for a 2-1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Sadly I can't see anything beyond a Southampton victory today. We are so low in confidence right now and still missing key players in defence. I just can't see us getting anything from the game as they are a very good passing side, especially at home. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement

Think I'll be watching this one from behind the couch with one eye closed.

With Vertonghen & Kaboul out we're gonna be vunerable at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I think Sherwood might go ade and soldado up front and play with two wingers who can stretch the Southampton defence.
    Imagine we used to play this brand of football back in the day and tore the likes of Southampton apart. Come on lads I think we should give tim a chance he seems to talk a good fight and harry seems to rate him very highly indeed.
    If we win this and win it well we could be onto something.......... jaysus! im not usually this optimistic!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It is hard to know what to expect. A new manager with new ideas? Who's he gona play. I'm looking forward to the game though. Not even gona have a guess at the score. Just hope for a win. A win and some goals breeds confidence, even if we sneak it. Another lose just keeps the downward spiral going. I want to see Soldado start. Don't think he will start with two up front in this one.

Jamie Redknapp is a grade A Cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chriches, Rose; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Adebayor, Soldado, sweet devine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chriches, Rose; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Adebayor, Soldado, sweet devine.

Looks very attack minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Looks very attack minded.

very very attack minded, it will either be glorious or shambolic.

Killer line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Is Ossie back as manager? I'm suprised but now lookn forward to this game even more. Little worried about defence. There will be plenty of goals in this game today. just hope we get at least one more than them. Come on Lamell and Soldado, show us wot ye got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Loving that lineup, the defense is a little shakey but we are in crisis for defenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Looks suspiciously like levy's eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Is Ossie back as manager? I'm suprised but now lookn forward to this game even more. Little worried about defence. There will be plenty of goals in this game today. just hope we get at least one more than them. Come on Lamell and Soldado, show us wot ye got!

Was literally thinking the exact same. Back to the days of 10 up front and klinnsman between the sticks. :)

No Lennon?

Ade looks and sounds focused. Looks mean, he's gonna bag one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would expect Dawson to do a lot better today with the high line done away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No Lennon?

Saw on Twitter that he's injured

Fcuk it, €10 on Spurs to win and Soldado to score at 9/2....

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

Saw on Twitter that he's injured

Jeez, another one bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Should be an interesting game. As much as my inner realist says we're gonna get destroyed without a bit of steel in midfield (Capoue ffs) I'm gonna say what the heck, let's do it, crazeee style, 4-1 spurs. COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have Adebayor and Soldado played together much?

Advertisement