Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southampton Away

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@AssouEkotto "How Adebayor didn’t play before! Is a good question…LOL What a stats in two games thanks who? Well done Ade well done spurs lol [...] So happy for Tim hope as he stay there for long time.”

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

the ups and downs of been a Spurs supporter,when we get the back 4 sorted when players are back from injuries,we will have an even better 2nd half of the season.
    strong rumour is Vn Gaal after world cup,possibly Hoddle and Sherwood til then.we have a decent squad,justneed to get them playing with confidence.Big question,no matter what Adebeyor did,he didnt deserve to be exiled for this long,bad sign of a manager if you cant punish player and then integrate back into squad.keep it goin ade and we will have the media eating their words,they have been so negative towards Spurs.next 2 games must win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

PMU wrote: »
    loris needs a few games off,he`s too nervous and he is affecting the players around him

Couldn't have thought of a worse idea if I tried. Friedel any use ? Gomes ? We've one of if not the best keepers in the league and because of a few bad games with some due to a shody back line he should be dropped... le Hugo is wee wee good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris looks nervous, as i don't think he has faith in our current defense. He feels the need to come for everything, because time and time again our defense has been caught out massively. Just like a defense needs confidence in their keeper, a keeper needs confidence in the defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I've never seen Lloris not go for a ball when someones through 1 on 1. If he lets the odd mistake in due to that I wont complain. He saves us at least 3* times a game when one on one.

*just home from the 12 pubs so stats may not be 100% accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great 3 points COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Kiith wrote: »
    Lloris looks nervous, as i don't think he has faith in our current defense. He feels the need to come for everything, because time and time again our defense has been caught out massively. Just like a defense needs confidence in their keeper, a keeper needs confidence in the defense.

Exactly, dawson makes me nervous everytime he is near the ball and all i am doing is watching the game. Imagine Lloris evey time he is anticipating a slip, a clearance to an opposing player or the nightmare ball over the top scenario. He must be constantly on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

6, 12 or 18 months ago, a win like this would have been run-of-the-mill stuff and I probably wouldn't have have done much more than read the match report on my mobile and maybe watch the highlight on MOTD.

But we have been so desperate in the last few months and so badly in need of a good win and a performance that I can't help but suck up every bit of detail and analysis every report from every single website on the net at the moment. How the mighty have fallen .. must never take my spurs for granted again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Happy Days, had a 10r on 3-2 at 33/1.
    Hatch back me up!:cool:
    Obviously we are all bouyed by the result and performance and bodies in the box...but by no means give the job to Tim permanently...
    Sure we all wanted 2 up top. Not rocket science.
    Cant see anyone else getting the job until after the UTD game.
    To put things into perspective.....
    If we lost yesterday, we would be screaming for Sherwood out.
    We won, so leave him at it for the next couple of games...no point rocking the boat again...
    Also, fair play to Bentaleb, did well, looked comfortable...as for Lamela(GDS)..How much bleeding longer does he need to look comfortable??
    Starting to annoy me now!
    Looking forward to Stephens Day now.
    5-1 win.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Obviously we are all bouyed by the result and performance and bodies in the box...but by no means give the job to Tim permanently...
    We won, so leave him at it for the next couple of games...no point rocking the boat again...
    Also, fair play to Bentaleb, did well, looked comfortable...as for Lamela(GDS)..How much bleeding longer does he need to look comfortable??

We all want more from Lamella. I think a little more patience with him will pay off. Nothing is for certain but give him a chance. We also have to forget about the 30 million, record signing thing. I understand we want great things from a record signing. Thats not his fault we paid so much. If he came into a settled side brimming with confidence and winning games it would have made things easier for the lad. He is playing with a very unsettled team at this moment.

Its not Lamella that's annoying you, its your expectation on him that's causing your annoyence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chadli was decent enough at the weekend... he's starting to win me over. Think he needs a run of 5-6 straight games. Same could be said for all the new boys i suppose'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Chadli was decent enough at the weekend... he's starting to win me over. Think he needs a run of 5-6 straight games. Same could be said for all the new boys i suppose'

True and he was far from the worst against Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    We all want more from Lamella. I think a little more patience with him will pay off. Nothing is for certain but give him a chance. We also have to forget about the 30 million, record signing thing. I understand we want great things from a record signing. Thats not his fault we paid so much. If he came into a settled side brimming with confidence and winning games it would have made things easier for the lad. He is playing with a very unsettled team at this moment.

Its not Lamella that's annoying you, its your expectation on him that's causing your annoyence.

Oh, Thanks for that Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

spoofer don't mind em lads :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Maybe a sloppy first half but Lamela had a good second half I thought. He was hungry for sure, getting plenty of tackles in. For him it's a completely different league to Italy. He slid some nice passes into Adebayor & Eriksen yesterday, one started the counter attack that got us the equalizer.

Another big plus yesterday was Eriksen. Playing a little deeper, he has that ability to spray passes around the pitch and unpick locks. Very Lukaesque.

Advertisement