Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home heating oil

• 21-12-2013 6:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know a place that sells kerosene by the litre on a forecourt garage or anywhere will do within 20 miles of Ennistymn thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Corrib oil on the Clare road in Ennis do.
    I think Peadar O Keeffe on the drumcliffe road in Ennis may do too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'd say you might be able to get it in Miltown at Vaughan's on the Lahinch road. Maybe give them a ring first though just to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Ok thanks I'll give corrib a try tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

If you're worried about home heating costs, there's a free app for Android that tracks calculates the running costs. It's written for Irish homes (I know the developer and use it all the time :) ).

Search for "Home Heating oil calculator" in the Google Play App store. It's the one with the Euro symbol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

If you're worried about home heating costs, there's a free app for Android that tracks calculates the running costs. It's written for Irish homes (I know the developer and use it all the time :) ).

Search for "Home Heating oil calculator" in the Google Play App store. It's the one with the Euro symbol.

That's great i tried it their it seems like a useful tool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I buy it at Corrib on the Limerick Road. It's 99.9 cent a litre from the pump and has been that price all winter.
    I'm still amazed why the price at the pump is more than home delivery. They have no truck costs, no driver costs etc. All they need to do is have a person sit in the office and take the cash. Anyone else see the problem? It's screw the poor man all the way!

Just a passenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    I buy it at Corrib on the Limerick Road. It's 99.9 cent a litre from the pump and has been that price all winter.
    I'm still amazed why the price at the pump is more than home delivery. They have no truck costs, no driver costs etc. All they need to do is have a person sit in the office and take the cash. Anyone else see the problem? It's screw the poor man all the way!

I assume they prefer you to buy it in bulk thus they charge less for it.

Advertisement