Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV issue - PC World

Options
  • 21-12-2013 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I bought the following Samsung Plasma TV http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-PS51F8500-Smart-3D-51-Plasma-TV/314287/ in PC World late November.

The TV had motion judder issues from day 1, so I got a brand new replacement no problem from PC World. The second had the exact same issues, so was sent another replacement. Got the replacement today (this would be the third model of the same tv) and it has the exact same problem.

This TV is a high spec, high priced model which got rave reviews basically everywhere, I really do love it as the PQ is simply stunning - but the motion problems are unacceptable!

I don't really want to pick another model, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's a setting on that TV for a motion judder canceller, turn it off. It can help at times but it causes more issues than it fixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Varik wrote: »
    There's a setting on that TV for a motion judder canceller, turn it off. It can help at times but it causes more issues than it fixes.

That's the first thing I did when I turned the sets on. Leaving it turned on makes any video have that awful 'Soap opera' look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sam Mac wrote: »
    That's the first thing I did when I turned the sets on. Leaving it turned on makes any video have that awful 'Soap opera' look
    Replacing the TV is not going to help, they obviously all behave this way. Did you audition in store? What material are you seeing the judder? Blu ray? Sports on tv? Might be output settings on your blu ray player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

If it gets rave reviews with no mention of the problem you have and you're on your third TV simple probability dictates it's something you're doing. Have you spoken to Samsung's technical department? What has google got to say on the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'd have thought it unlikely for 3 tvs to have the same issue. Are you sure it isn't your sky/upc box or dvd player?

• Advertisement

Bepolite wrote: »
    If it gets rave reviews with no mention of the problem you have and you're on your third TV simple probability dictates it's something you're doing. Have you spoken to Samsung's technical department? What has google got to say on the subject?

Googled for hours looking for the solution/problem, couldn't find any fixes.

Must ring Samsung on Monday.

Replacing the TV is not going to help, they obviously all behave this way. Did you audition in store? What material are you seeing the judder? Blu ray? Sports on tv? Might be output settings on your blu ray player
    Also I'd suggest looking at the plasma section on avforums.com

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    I'd have thought it unlikely for 3 tvs to have the same issue. Are you sure it isn't your sky/upc box or dvd player?

So would I.
    I am using two Blu-ray players with it, that's all, any settings on the player I should try?

I am using Blu-ray.

http://www.avforums.com/index.php?threads/1765934/
    Samsung F8500 Owners thread(continuation of 'plasma' thread)

• Advertisement

I am using Blu-ray.
    Is there a 24p setting on the blu ray player..

First review I googled on that set mentioned motion issues at high brightness settings. Perhaps turn the brightness down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Also try plugging the BR player into another TV and see if the issue arises. Always rule out the possibles.

First review I googled on that set mentioned motion issues at high brightness settings. Perhaps turn the brightness down?

Link please?

sdeire wrote: »
    Also try plugging the BR player into another TV and see if the issue arises. Always rule out the possibles.

The other tv doesn't have the issue, I tried it.

Is there a 24p setting on the blu ray player..

yes

Link please?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ps51f8500_TV_review

First result in google. See Cons section.

yes
    Turning it on/off make any difference? Head to avforums link those lads will be able to sort you out. Might just be a characteristic of plasma TV that you are sensitive to.. Lcds don't resolve as much detail with motion so these issues often masked

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ps51f8500_TV_review

First result in google. See Cons section.

Thats motion fizzing. That is different to motion judder.

Turning it on/off make any difference? Head to avforums link those lads will be able to sort you out. Might just be a characteristic of plasma TV that you are sensitive to.. Lcds don't resolve as much detail with motion so these issues often masked

I'll post a question up there so. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement