Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC Registration Debate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Lemlin wrote: »
    Could you let us know what sort of response you get from them thanks.

I will indeed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

madred006 wrote: »
    I will indeed .

Well rang the IKC this morning .The kind lady on the phone while somewhat sympathetic towards my predicament informed me that it was out of there remit , that they just keep the details and breeding lines . I do have a little problem with their stance because not once did she ask for details of the breeds , however if I choose to get my vet to report same to them they will inform breeder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I guess what is really needed is an assured breeders scheme like the Kennel Club in the UK has. I don't know why the IKC hasn't done such a thing...possibly an internal politics issue? If something like that could be set up, it may make it easier for people to be directed to responsibly bred dogs, rather than simply reading IKC registration as some sort of seal of quality in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

mosi wrote: »
    I guess what is really needed is an assured breeders scheme like the Kennel Club in the UK has. I don't know why the IKC hasn't done such a thing...possibly an internal politics issue? If something like that could be set up, it may make it easier for people to be directed to responsibly bred dogs, rather than simply reading IKC registration as some sort of seal of quality in itself.

That scheme is not working very well in the UK at the moment & reputable breeders are leaving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Knine wrote: »

That scheme is not working very well in the UK at the moment & reputable breeders are leaving it.

Shame about that...in principle it sounds like a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

mosi wrote: »
    Shame about that...in principle it sounds like a step in the right direction.

Yes a real shame. I can't link because I'm using my phone. There is a Facebook Group called 'Exhibitors Choice & Voice' There are lots of complaints on it about the scheme if anyone wants to look into it further.

Advertisement