Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera Mynute 16e Boiler - Not Working

Options
  • 21-12-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, please help if you can. My Vokera Boiler 16e has refused to work since last monday, there is no noise from it at all and the indicator light is not coming on, time clock is working fine.

I have had 2 plumbers call this week, first was not RGI and after checking for simple problem recommended calling the RGI plumber. The RGI came on Fri whilst I was at work and he rang and said he had checked everything in the boiler and hot press and it was an electrics problem as there was no energy going to the boiler. He had originally serviced boiler in Sept so was familiar with it.

Called upon an electrician neighbour who had a good look tonight, he came to the conclusion that power is going to the boiler but for some reason it isn't triggering and possibly it could be the circuit board as everything else appeared to be fine. Before I go to cost of replacing circuit board I am wondering if there is any other reason why it may not be working?

Advice appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

HobbyHolly wrote: »
    Hi all, please help if you can. My Vokera Boiler 16e has refused to work since last monday, there is no noise from it at all and the indicator light is not coming on, time clock is working fine.

I have had 2 plumbers call this week, first was not RGI and after checking for simple problem recommended calling the RGI plumber. The RGI came on Fri whilst I was at work and he rang and said he had checked everything in the boiler and hot press and it was an electrics problem as there was no energy going to the boiler. He had originally serviced boiler in Sept so was familiar with it.

Called upon an electrician neighbour who had a good look tonight, he came to the conclusion that power is going to the boiler but for some reason it isn't triggering and possibly it could be the circuit board as everything else appeared to be fine. Before I go to cost of replacing circuit board I am wondering if there is any other reason why it may not be working?

Advice appreciated, thank you.

What is the reading on the pressure gauge of your boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HobbyHolly

it's not reading any pressure, needle is sitting at base.

the RGI guy who came on Friday said he checked the valves, thermostats and boiler for any issues and found none, it looked perfect, he reasoned the issue must be electrical, surely if it was an issue with pressure he would know to check that... wouldn't he??

it's not reading any pressure, needle is sitting at base.

I'd say that's your problem. Under your boiler or somewhere in your hot press, do you see a flexible metal hose anywhere? If not take a pic of all the pipework in your hot press and I'll try and find it for you

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd say that's your problem. Under your boiler or somewhere in your hot press, do you see a flexible metal hose anywhere? If not take a pic of all the pipework in your hot press and I'll try and find it for you

thanks so much, i had a look but can't see any hose, i haven't a clue when it comes to anything like this but i took the pics so hopefully you can help. would lack of pressure cause the boiler to literally play 'dead'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

in your second picture the red valve on the right try turn that anti clockwise

• Advertisement

thanks so much, i had a look but can't see any hose, i haven't a clue when it comes to anything like this but i took the pics so hopefully you can help. would lack of pressure cause the boiler to literally play 'dead'?

Yes the boiler would seem dead. In the third pic the pipe on the right rising up. Take pics of that

anthonyos wrote: »
    in your second picture the red valve on the right try turn that anti clockwise

i'm trying with no success, it's stuck fast! do you think it may be the solution, have my dad calling tomorrow he may be able to shift it, serious lack of muscle here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

sorry was looking at it wrong do what dtp asked

i'm trying with no success, it's stuck fast! do you think it may be the solution, have my dad calling tomorrow he may be able to shift it, serious lack of muscle here!!

Can I see what valve your trying to move?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yes the boiler would seem dead. In the third pic the pipe on the right rising up. Take pics of that

ok, here it is...

• Advertisement

was the one anthonyos suggested before he had another look at my pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

The 1/2" pipe that rises & then has an air bottle on it. You will need to show where this one ends up at.

shane0007 wrote: »
    The 1/2" pipe that rises & then has an air bottle on it. You will need to show where this one ends up at.

this one? if so it goes up through the roof of the hot press to the attic.... don't know after that, i've never been up there, but if you think there's something to check I can ask someone to do it tomorrow once i know what i'm asking.:o

Yes that one. Is there a valve on it above what is shown in the photo or in the attic?
    It maybe leading to a tank.

Yes that one. Is there a valve on it above what is shown in the photo or in the attic?

yes there is another red valve about a foot above it...

Open it.

i've turned it fully in clockwise direction

Anti-clockwise is open

then it was already fully open, i'll turn it back

There is probably a small tank in the attic at the other end of the pipe. Check to see if there is water in it. If there is, then non-return valve is most likely stuck.

• Advertisement

oh ok, when you say non return valve - would that be next to the tank in the attic? and is it just a matter of turning it?

No. It is most likely just below the valve you turned.

ok so, that sounds promising, have my Dad calling tomorrow so will get him to check the attic and that valve, thanks a million for the help it's really appreciated, i'll let you know how i get on. *crosses fingers*

ok so, that sounds promising, have my Dad calling tomorrow so will get him to check the attic and that valve, thanks a million for the help it's really appreciated, i'll let you know how i get on. *crosses fingers*

Keep us updated

Hi Guys, sorry but i'm finally only getting to log on tonight, the boiler is working!! The only thing I did was close and reopen the valve as suggested by Shane0007, don't know if that caused something to happen or not.... the next day I just turned the boiler back on and boosted the heating not expecting anything and it rumbled to life... oh the joy!!!!

so thankfully not an electrical problem, but I'm presuming it was a pressure problem - which i'm surprised the RGI guy didn't pick up on to be honest, not feeling very impressed with him!

Thanks for all the great advice and guidance, i'm so grateful, a very merry xmas to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Madness he couldn't check the first basic thing if a boiler is doing nothing.

Imagine servicing something you can't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drei714

i had the same problem but the air bottle does not have a valve after it

Advertisement