Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Recommendation

Options
  • 21-12-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Plan on doing a weekend in cork early in the new year with herself, we want to take in Fota wildlife and Jameson experience to start with anyway. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay in. I was looking at the Midelton Park Hotel and Rochestown Park Hotel but know nothing about them.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Uganda

Have stayed there quite a bit. Is good.

Also nice is Marlborough house, as is clarion. If you want to stay outside city try radisson little island.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

As a Midletonian, I'd tell you that the MPH is grand if not showing its age just a little. The town is a nice place to spend an afternoon of mooching and the Jameson experience is a must but I wouldn't base yourself here. You could always come down on the train and have lunch in Sage, Raymonds or any of the eateries locally, there are loads of good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Castlemaryter is divine but expensive. Marybrough is fab.....rph is ok too new bedrooms are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Are ye driving? If not, both fota and midleton (and additionally Cobh, which would also be worth the visit) are reachable by train. So you might want to stay somewhere in cork city centre, perhaps the imperial if you're feeling fancy! The clarion is nice too though. All 10 / 15 minutes walk from the train station (now with fancy "open air" facilities on certain platforms..)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ive never even been inside the door but the garryvoe hotel gets good reviews, lots of weddings there so the hotel must be nice with very good food.
    Its less than 15mins from middleton and probably about 20 to fota. Lovely beaches in front of the hotel for a walk if the weather allows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Uganda wrote: »
    Have stayed there quite a bit. Is good.

Also nice is Marlborough house, as is clarion. If you want to stay outside city try radisson little island.

Do you mean the Maryborough, was looking at their site looks nice.

We'll be driving, I'm thinking of maybe driving down to Kinsale for an afternoon too as it's not too far away

2 Nights B+B with 1 Dinner Midweek

Maryborough - €278

Rochestown - €198

Radisson - €280

Clarion - €270

Garryvoe - €210 (no dinner)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Check out Groupon and GrabOne to see if you can get a deal on Fota or Hayfield Manor. They have that added bit of class.

Alternatively, the Best Western in Montenotte is nice and you could probably get a good deal if the hotel is just a place to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Check the River Lee Hotel also. Have stayed in most Cork Hotels and would recommend that or the Clarion if staying in the city. Think parking is not included with the Clarion though.

As suggested there should be plenty of groupon deals available midweek.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Check out Groupon and GrabOne to see if you can get a deal on Fota or Hayfield Manor. They have that added bit of class.

Alternatively, the Best Western in Montenotte is nice and you could probably get a good deal if the hotel is just a place to crash.

Fota and Hayfield certainly do have the added bit of class but they also know how to add the €€€€€€

• Advertisement

I never even thought of checking the deal pages, there's one there for Rochestown and Maryborough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ninty9er wrote: »

Cheers just seen that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Isaacs is a nice option too. Over a lovely restaurant and across the road from some good pubs. Nice and close to town and the train station if you want to take the train to Fota and Midleton. I've actually stayed in it myself a few times and wouldn't have had the best opinion of it before but it's actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd recommend the Clarion if staying in town, the Maryborough in Douglas or the Radisson in Little Island.

The Radisson has a particularly nice swimming pool and leisure area.

I'd love to know where living social get there values for their deals.

Rochestown PH 2 nights B+B 1 Dinner

Living Social Deal €234 for Deluxe room was €450

Rochestown website €198

Advertisement