Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faac 770

Options
  • 22-12-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

Looking for a little help here
    I am after installing my faac 770 - all great and that, the only thing is that when I press the remote to open, the panel waits for about 2 or 3 seconds before opening, is this normal or can this be reduced to instant opening after giving open pulse.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

There's usually a small delay <1 sec.
    What board are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 26 waratahcam

Hi J

Thanks for reply
    Im using the standard 452mps board - I know there would be a delay, but this about 3 seconds at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyobrien81

Hi

The 452 panel has a feature called Pre-Flash which facilitates a warning light.
    When the gate gets a pulse, the pre-flash is enabled for 2-3 seconds to warn that the gates are opening and once the cycle is complete the gate opens.
    If you want to PM me your email address, I can email you some info to address this for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 26 waratahcam

Hi Tony

Thanks for the heads up, managed to sort it out in the end

Cheers

No problem.
    Happy christmas to you.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Jumping on here if that's ok.
    Looking at the Faac 740 vs the Faac 720 (24v).
    The 720 is about 100e more. So what's the benefit of low voltage vs mains voltage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brettser14

Hi there,1 advantage is you can install back up battery which kick in to power the panel when mains voltage down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Brettser14 wrote: »
    Hi there,1 advantage is you can install back up battery which kick in to power the panel when mains voltage down

Thanks Brettser, thought you could do that with 740 too?

Jumping on here if that's ok.
    Looking at the Faac 740 vs the Faac 720 (24v).
    The 720 is about 100e more. So what's the benefit of low voltage vs mains voltage?

The FAAC 720 has the following:
    Battery back-up
    Has faster opening speed but unlike the 740, it does not have slow down feature.
    Is a much smoother operator.
    The 740 does not have battery back up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Brettser, thought you could do that with 740

the back up batteries powers the 24volt motors on mains power failure on the 720.the 740 has 230 volt output to motor it did have 24volt version i think but its been discontinued.

• Advertisement

meant to say installed 720 in my parents houae about 6 years ago and it has never given trouble since in.it gets a lot of use and is ideal for use in built up areas as 24volt motors are quiet abd smoother than 740s ]

Advertisement