Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Only niggle I have with the "New" Sheamus is I don't know if I like his new entrance theme,
    Can see what their doing with it, but was immediately psyched when I'd hear Written in my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Smackdown
    Sheamus\Barrett v Bryan\Ziggler was changed to include Reigns and Big Show (makes knob head motion :p)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently this is real:
    Sheamus told Dolph Ziggler at the WWE Smackdown TV taping that he would face him in a "Kiss Me Arse" match at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Rikishi guest referee?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭briany

montyrebel wrote: »
    Rikishi guest referee?

Nah. If the match goes over well, Rikishi will try to take credit and ignore the other participants' contributions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently this is real:

One step forward, two steps back. Poor Sheamus.

Should have been Kick Me in the Arse match.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ruu wrote: »
    Should have been Kick Me in the Arse match.:)

With special guest referee Ardal O'Hanlon (plus camera).

_38552705_dougal_150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Facepalm

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Sheamus looking very cool here! Think it's a better 'look' than the Mohawk https://twitter.com/wwesheamus/status/590937446080192512

Get that promo watched lads. It is really good and convincing. Sheds his old Paddywhackery character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bit of a Mid Atlantic twang coming out in that promo. I thought he stumbled over his words a bit but the message was good.

Sounded really good, a lot of heels could learn a thing or two from him but looks a bit like one of the Peaky Blinders in the poster. :)

OK, Sheamus is great right now and I like his new attitude and objective. He's not just a monster type heel because he can genuinely talk, and there's a clear line of logic behind his motivation to act in a heelish fashion, which is key to being compelling IMO. Plus picking on guys smaller than you and doing it in a very deliberate and targeted type way is a simple but quite effective heat getter. I like it.

Sheamus is on Jericho's podcast this week, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Boards.ie gets a mention. :D

Yeah the Sheamus interview was really good. What was interesting to me was that he now travels alone. He isn't the most popular in the locker room and a lot of his generation have left/were fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ruu wrote: »
    Boards.ie gets a mention. :D

Oh, what was that then?

Ridley wrote: »
    Oh, what was that then?

About
    50 minutes in, from his IWW days, he caught word that people on boards were slating one of his first shows. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I liked the Sheamus interview too. Some fun Ryanair bashing as well.

Makes you wonder how many wrestlers have read this forum over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Why is he unpopular in the dressing room?

https://instagram.com/p/2UFrLhmDsY/
    Tssk wrote: »
    Why is he unpopular in the dressing room?

Well he has the rep as a lick arse as he discussed on the podcast.

He is pretty wreckless with people's bodies - he may or may not be the one who hurt Daniel Bryan. That was even an issue back in his Irish indies days. Sheamus also has a rep for being a "mark for himself" in the ring. He is overly concerned about getting his moves in a match.

A recently released WWE Wrestler told a friend of mine that many people privately hate Sheamus.

I saw the Ricardo Rodriguez shoot recently and he goes into Del Rio's feud with Sheamus, including the time Rodriguez dressed up as Sheamus for a bit. Didn't mention anything bad about him, though, and he was pretty candid in his opinions (not in a bitter way, though).

If Sheamus gets flack for being stiff, OK, but there's been more than a few stiff workers over the years and I don't remember Goldberg carrying any real heat with him for ending Bret Hart's career. It's something you can expect to come across in wrestling, is it not? If he were dangerous, would he have gotten to that level?

Not that I'm defending the guy, but I'm just wondering how much heat he gets is due to the factors claimed, or is it still this residual thing over him apparently being H's buddy or winning the title so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

rovert wrote: »
    He is pretty wreckless with people's bodies - he may or may not be the one who hurt Daniel Bryan. That was even an issue back in his Irish indies days.

The part in bold is news to me! I don't recall him ever doing anything remotely reckless to any of his opponents back when he was on the Irish indie scene.

He most certainly wouldn't have been one of the stiffest workers on the Irish scene at that time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I am starting to think its 'pampered americans syndrome' they just arent used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Personally I think that his hard-hitting technique adds legitimacy to the sport, once it's safe.

• Advertisement

Personally I think that his hard-hitting technique adds legitimacy to the sport, once it's safe.

Lesnar / Reigns was stiff as hell and got roundly praised for it.

Advertisement