Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus could cash in during the title vs title match and end up US Champ while Cena beats Rollins for the World Title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sheamus could cash in during the title vs title match and end up US Champ while Cena beats Rollins for the World Title.

I can't see him cashing in at SS, it would take too much attention away from the main event

Unless they want the fact Sheamus "stole" the title to be the main story after SS since neither Taker or Brock will be around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Isn't it specifically a world title contact? They could do a 'Mania job where Sheamo makes it a Triple Threat and pins Cena and for that gets the US title because he pinned the wrong champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I thought that last time he had the Money in the Bank case, and there were two titles at play it was made very clear that the case was specific to the particular title and couldn't be used for any other title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Kayfabe-wise, are we really expected to buy that someone would accidentally cash in on the wrong champion and win a championship by mistake? I hope he cashes in soon with it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If Sheamus inserts himself into the match like Mania, and pins Cena, wouldn't he then walk away with both belts? :P

Either way I don't think Sheamus wins, but there's gonna be some sort of shenanigans. The tease of having a statue of Rollins on RAW kinda gave it away. That'll be a major heat moment when they unveil that on RAW. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Austin on Sheamus not yet reaching his potential:
    “There is still time for Sheamus. He just needs to put a little more into his matches. Look at someone like Bret Hart, or Bobby Eaton, or even myself. I like the kid a lot, and I’m really trying to put the pieces together as to why that guy isn’t higher up than he is, but he just needs to find that other level.”

I think Austin must really like him that he has mentioned him so regularly, going back to 2012.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Austin is a true student of the business but doesn't really get how WWE operates and now like agency Wrestlers have over their matches. A for instance is that when spoke to Cesaro in the past year he showed him a bunch of heel tactics - eye pokes, low blows he could use in his matches. Cesaro out of respect listened and then at the end said WWE doesn't allow that.

No one here knows what Sheamus is and isn't told by agents/producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah the heels are really limited at the moment. Feet on the ropes, grab the tights or even the rare exposed turnbuckle is about is nasty as it gets.

• Advertisement

Is the old 'foreign object' banned these days as well?

There's layers and layers rules and bans that get changed every so often I don't know clear answers to questions.

Some stuff is viewed as vulgar or not PG and some are too rasslin' or Southern. The foreign object on or in the first seems to be something that would be viewed as the latter.

The you don't know until you are on the inside applies so much to everything in WWE. Just look at scripted promos for explain. Austin's critiques are pretty much bang on but the Wrestlers don't really have the agency to apply them.

Obviously the whole Divas Revolution displays perfectly what I am saying. Wrestlers are swimming against the tide, trying to navigate the system or whatever saying you want to use.

I am not saying Sheamus can't improve and "grab the brass ring" though as acts like Cesaro and New Day made a herculean effort to improve their lot and did. Just the scope to do it is a lot narrower now than in Austin's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »
    Austin is a true student of the business but doesn't really get how WWE operates and now like agency Wrestlers have over their matches. A for instance is that when spoke to Cesaro in the past year he showed him a bunch of heel tactics - eye pokes, low blows he could use in his matches. Cesaro out of respect listened and then at the end said WWE doesn't allow that.

No one here knows what Sheamus is and isn't told by agents/producers.

That is absolutely absurd. They can't use some of the most basic and time proven heel tactics to get heat? No wonder they are so short on credible heels.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Makes one appreciate how good Rollins and Owens are as heels that they are so dislikable even without all the banned stuff at their disposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Anyone have any ideas why the American fans are so lukewarm - bordering on hostile - on Sheamus?

He is one of the most consistent wrestlers on the roster IMO and always has *** to **** matches.

Is it because he is Irish?

Probably whoever it is putting him in same matches over and over and over, they don't know what to do with him at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

I read that Kevin Dunn has it out for him. Maybe it's him sabotaging his career?

For all the talk about him being HHH's gym buddy - it hasn't really got him anywhere.

Strange how silent fans are about HHH taking Kevin Owens under his wing.

When he did that with Sheamus they were a lot more vocal about it.

Sheamus himself said a few times that he worked out with HHH once many years ago, asked for some advice and that was it I think. It was at the time when he was getting a push (probably around Royal Rumble win) when people were questioning why him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was before his first WWE Title win IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭briany

I read that Kevin Dunn has it out for him. Maybe it's him sabotaging his career?

For all the talk about him being HHH's gym buddy - it hasn't really got him anywhere.

Strange how silent fans are about HHH taking Kevin Owens under his wing.

When he did that with Sheamus they were a lot more vocal about it.

There's a lot of frustrating hypocrisy among the IWC. A lot of bleating and blinkered views.

I think there's a couple of differences between Sheamus and Owens that affect how (American) fans see them. One is that Owens is an indies "own boy" and had already built a good deal of support and goodwill through his exposure in ROH, for example. Another is that Owens could be seen as an underdog, because of the perception that he will be fighting the booking due to his background and look. Sheamus, on the other hand, had limited exposure to fans in America as he mainly worked in the UK before being signed to WWE developmental, and his look and style are closer to what WWE traditionally want. So he's seen more as 'establishment'. Not only that, but he's being booked in a very unimaginative way, leading to the perception that, when Sheamus is on screen, there'll be little fun had.

From what I've gleaned in interviews with Sheamus, though, he's a very hard working guy and deserves his success. Too many people out there blaming bad booking on the performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Somebody posted an old Boards podcast a few weeks ago and the first few mins are the lads talking about how great Sheamus is. He was hilarious as a heel at that time and by far the best he's ever been. His mic work was so much better too. Maybe nobody outside of Ireland understood it but I still think it kinda worked.

He walked up to some fat kid in front row and pointed 'look at this one right here, who ate all the pies'

Go back to something heelish that he was naturally good at.

I think the right time to do a triple threat match with The Shield would be now, if Seth Rollins is keeping the championship until then. However I am expecting a Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus match that won't be the last match on the card, with the part-timers headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Rock looked great in the ring when he returned at Survivor Series 2011 - very athletic and agile, but during his WWE Title reigns in 2013 he was too bulked up and his cardio wasn't good. It obviously depends on what movie he is filming around WM. If he is taking a break then he should lose some weight and improve his cardio and he will be fine.

I think a HHH/Rock match will be very overbooked just like the Sting match. Vince himself will probably be involved, Steph of course. Thrown in a Shane return and a Stone Cold return it will be Backlash 2000 all over again expect no where near as good.:rolleyes:

At least if Rondo Rosey hadv'e been available they could have done a mixed tag and had a difference main event but I can't see The Rock returning to anything other than to main event.

A Shield triple threat would only work if they built Ambrose up properly as he is booked very badly. Maybe have him and Reigns eliminate eachother at the same time at the Royal Rumble - leading to a triple threat. Whether Brock is involved or not I can't see Rollins dropping the belt before WM. There is no one who would make sense right now. Sheamus? :confused:

Yeah. I've personally been expecting Sheamus to cash in for the last while. He was only on screen briefly for a quick squash match on Monday Night Raw and he doesn't seem to be headed into any sort of storyline at the moment. Randy Orton has joined with The Shield against the Wyatts so that seems to have reached its conclusion for this round. I know he kicked Rusev after their match at Madison Square Garden but I wouldn't say that's going to go anywhere, unless they're planning to turn him face again, which would be a bad move I think. The fact that he doesn't seem to have a set feud at the moment makes me believe that a cash in could be imminent. I'd probably be shot for saying this but a shock Kane victory over Seth Rollins only for Triple H to dispatch Sheamus to get down to the ring and clean up the mess could make for a good start to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Sheamus is ****.

Well regardless, he's got the Money In The Bank briefcase at the moment. Just root for Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Monokne wrote: »
    Sheamus is ****.

I'd say he's more three stars than four stars

I think this hatred for him is going to translate well into people wanting to see him get beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Considering how bad the ratings are right now, making Sheamus the WWE Champion would surely bring them below a 2.0. He has Xpac heat more than proper heel heat. A good mid card heel but never worked as champion previously imo. It was a huge mistake having him win MITB. I am no fan of his but clearly Reigns should have been the one to win that but they wanted to cool off on his push after the disaster of the RR and having to ditch him winning at WM. They have invested a lot of Rollins at this stage so I can see him keeping it till WM. The opportunity to have Sheamus cash in was at NOC. Obviously HHH coudl screw Rollins and Sheamus would join the Authority as the Champ leading to a Rollins face turn and ultimately a match against HHH but with The Rock likely returning within weeks I just can't see that happening.

The only good thing about Sheamus becoming champion is that there is a good chance we will finally get to see Sheamus vs Orton as the main event at WM32. If ever there was a match that would fill a 100,000 seater stadium it is that. Truly a dream match - once in a lifetime. :D

Advertisement