Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Wild Horses

rte.ie/player/ie/show/angela-scanlons-close-encounters-30003628/10482194/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think she's quite likeable. Doesn't take herself to seriously and can conduct a decent interview.

Always refreshing when an outsider approaches the world of wrestling with open eyes. Nice show for a Tuesday evening.

Sheamus came across well. Really got across the dedication and sacrifice involved. Like most wrestlers he did come across as very sensitive towards the usual questions- are you really tough, what money ya on etc etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have only watched the first half so far. Enjoying it enough.

But it seems to be skirting some weird line between kayfabe and not. Like, one second she'll ask if he prefers playing a good guy or a bad guy, and the next, they're talking about his feud with Orton as if they have legit beef and its real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have only watched the first half so far. Enjoying it enough.

But it seems to be skirting some weird line between kayfabe and not. Like, one second she'll ask if he prefers playing a good guy or a bad guy, and the next, they're talking about his feud with Orton as if they have legit beef and its real.

Thats the one bit of it i didnt like but theres still so many wrestlers that still somewhat kayfabe in interviews. thought sheamus came across well in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh yeah, should stress, Sheamus comes across really well. He answers the questions put forward to him. It's the interviewer who sets the tone of the questions so its her/the show who need to decide if they want to meet the actor or the character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Do you think himself and Barrett could be thrown in the tag division for a while until they figure out what to do? Barrett has nothing to do otherwise. I wouldn't mind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ruu wrote: »
    Do you think himself and Barrett could be thrown in the tag division for a while until they figure out what to do? Barrett has nothing to do otherwise. I wouldn't mind it.

I'd like it but they would need to be dominant from the get go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anything that kills off his King gimmick is a step up. Poor Barrett, huge wasted potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anything that kills off his King gimmick is a step up. Poor Barrett, huge wasted potential.

His next gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, while Kane is doing double duty, so can Barrett in a Prince and the Pauper way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Teaming Sheamus and Barrett makes all the sense in the world. They can both work but Sheamus is the better of the two. Barrett has some presence and is ok on the mic, so he can do all the talking and be the personality. Sheamus was made for the role of number two in a tag team. In the same way as Jason Jordan is incredibly bland on his own but has something with Chad Gable, Barrett could camouflage Sheamus' lack of charisma. Great idea. Also, they'd make great bases for the high flying teams like Lucha Dragons, Primo & Epico, and the New Day when they turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Evil Corp wrote: »
    Well if annoying means incredibly hot,.........

No shes not. The hack of her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She is pretty hot I reckon but I'm generally partial to redheads anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Pentecost wrote: »
    She is pretty hot I reckon but I'm generally partial to redheads anyway.

6510bf571eae096eef6a90e421d45d7b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Monokne wrote: »
    Teaming Sheamus and Barrett makes all the sense in the world. They can both work but Sheamus is the better of the two. Barrett has some presence and is ok on the mic, so he can do all the talking and be the personality. Sheamus was made for the role of number two in a tag team. In the same way as Jason Jordan is incredibly bland on his own but has something with Chad Gable, Barrett could camouflage Sheamus' lack of charisma. Great idea. Also, they'd make great bases for the high flying teams like Lucha Dragons, Primo & Epico, and the New Day when they turn.

You just compared Sheamus to Jason Jordon? Seriously, we get it you dont rate him. But to say he was made for the role of number two in a tag team is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sheamus has plenty of charisma. Sure his promos can be a bit corny (occasionally a lot corny) but he definitely has charisma, just a terrible character. Anytime the "Irishness" is toned down I personally think he's got quite a good promo, it's just unfortunate that the writers inevitably ramp up the Irishness which generally leads to me cringing at some terrible potato joke.

LeeJM wrote: »
    You just compared Sheamus to Jason Jordon? Seriously, we get it you dont rate him. But to say he was made for the role of number two in a tag team is just ridiculous.

Just my opinion brother Lee. Book him to his strengths, let him beat dudes up and leave the promo's and personality to someone else. He'd be cool sneering in the background while Wade cuts the promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Maybe they missed their chance to make that "UK" stable that was in one of the games a few years ago of Regal, Barrett, Sheamus and Drew. Although now they could have Barrett, Sheamus, Neville and Finn. God that would be awful, they would probably be treated like 3MB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    Maybe they missed their chance to make that "UK" stable that was in one of the games a few years ago of Regal, Barrett, Sheamus and Drew. Although now they could have Barrett, Sheamus, Neville and Finn. God that would be awful, they would probably be treated like 3MB

Regal barrett sheamus drew and finlay would have made an awesome heel group. Have Regal and Barrett as the main mouthpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Hey, I'm living in London - is there any way to legally watch the Angela Scanlon doc? Or has anybody found it on youtube or anything? The RTE player doesn't like me any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think sheamus is hurt by the fact that he being Irish is such a part of his Gimmick. With Finn and becky it's not the main thing you see or think of when you see them. Sheamus is a walking stereotype in ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think sheamus is hurt by the fact that he being Irish is such a part of his Gimmick. With Finn and becky it's not the main thing you see or think of when you see them. Sheamus is a walking stereotype in ways.

I always say Sheamus is the great big Irish "I love my ancestry" guy Vince always wanted. There was a reason he called Hulkster- Hogan. But I'll nearly say it's about time Sheamus maybe accepted to reeeeeeally milk the Irish stereotype. The Celtic warrior stuff is extremely one dimensional.

I'd said it since his heel turn. There is no better time to turn the notch go the way of the "Irish hooligan". Might be hard to fit in PG but a rowdy, uncontrollable APA-esque bully would add so much in terms of depth to what he can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I just don't think he's WWE Champion material at all. Nothing he's done in the last year or so he's convinced me otherwise.

He's been hurt by the typical god awful "my turn/your turn" booking they do. He should be dominant and built up as a monster. Instead he's just another geek on the roster.

Monokne wrote: »
    Teaming Sheamus and Barrett makes all the sense in the world. They can both work but Sheamus is the better of the two. Barrett has some presence and is ok on the mic, so he can do all the talking and be the personality. Sheamus was made for the role of number two in a tag team.

Meltzer now reporting Barrett and Sheamus are considered a tag team. Nice to know they're still monitoring my posts on here for ideas. :)

Great spot for the big man, let him have good matches, be the ring general, while Barrett provides the colour, personality and promos. I think they'll make a great team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

This is one of the best things to happen, they can be a proper sneaky heel tag team. Cheat to win, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Any chance of a stable of the two of them with Rusev? What with the ziggler feud down the drain

Also I personally think they should make Sheamus ever so slightly less pale. There's no other proper ginger in the roster, I think making him look a little more normal would be a good thing. He looks ridiculous at the moment.

Ruu wrote: »
    This is one of the best things to happen, they can be a proper sneaky heel tag team. Cheat to win, etc.

Agreed. Allows you get two guys with talent in a solid position while also camouflaging their respective weaknesses.

Disagree that Seamus should be less pale. He has little going for him in terms of presentation as is, at least the milky white gimmick stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Any chance of a stable of the two of them with Rusev? What with the ziggler feud down the drain

Also I personally think they should make Sheamus ever so slightly less pale. There's no other proper ginger in the roster, I think making him look a little more normal would be a good thing. He looks ridiculous at the moment.

His skin color is perfectly normal. He just looks pale compared to everyone else because they are so tanned.

I think the idea that someone gets over or not based on their skin color is ridiculous (well, unless they are black but that's a whole other story).

In fact, the idea that he looks ridiculous at the moment is a good thing, because it means he is one of the few guys on the roster who gets genuine heel heat (the "you look stupid" chant) which means any babyface that goes against him has a much better chance of getting cheered, which is the whole idea of having heels. He's not supposed to be the cool heel that people cheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I still like him, and he's one of the few high level heels who gets booed, which is what is supposed to happen. I think he would be a good opponent for Reigns. Can have great matches and most likely the US fans will get behind Reigns as they really don't like Sheamus right now, which is what WWE want. So I'm thinking a cash-in after Reigns wins the Survivor Series tournament and then they feud until the Rumble.

Advertisement