Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Doesn't seem as friendly on second reading. :o:pac:

McGregors last tweet about leaving Sheamus with no teeth and his nose on his mantle doesn't seem like 'banter' to me, ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A lot of people thought it...Sheamus said it. lol

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/535910117192249345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lucy's Mom @helbo1971 · 6m @WWESheamus @TheNotoriousMMA American...had to look up what a "Scaldy was"...

Lollloll

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to look it up as well. Don't think I've heard it myself. Is it a Dublin term?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm sure this is mostly in jest.

Someone has mentioned it here before but I'll echo it.

McGregor at Mania would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

ShagNastii wrote: »

Would that not kill McGregor's UFC credibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ShagNastii wrote: »

Yeah most if not all of what McGregor says in public is him playing a role. Sheamus too obviously but everyone expects that from a WWE wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

When people portray a role like this in something that is unstaged, they can come across badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah most if not all of what McGregor says in public is him playing a role. Sheamus too obviously but everyone expects that from a WWE wrestler.

The amount of people who think McGregor is 100% serious with his schtick is unbelievable. They all think he's an arsehole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

At the very least I know Conor was a fan during the Attitude Era. Have always tried to get an answer if he is still one now. Either/or Conor does know the score about Pro Wrestling.

Cathal Pendred was really quick in wishing Sheamus well on this injury when the news broke on Twitter. Pendred and Ais Daly are friends with Becky Lynch. Becky used to go to SBG. There's a lot ties between Irish MMA and Pro Wrestling. You know yourself Dublin is pretty small and there's only so many gyms.

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't doubt they have acquaintances in common at the very least. Re McGregor and him being taken seriously with every pronouncement, it's great for him but I think some people forget that MMA is not Olympic boxing. He's gonna stir it up to get you to watch his fight. I don't know enough about MMA to say whether he's actually the real deal or not but he's got people paying attention to him at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

The amount of people who think McGregor is 100% serious with his schtick is unbelievable. They all think he's an arsehole

To be fair that's probably because in everyday experience people who pretend to be arseholes tend to be arseholes! That said I have no feeling one way or the other about McGregor personally (though I have vague memories that he seems to dress like a twat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

To be fair that's probably because in everyday experience people who pretend to be arseholes tend to be arseholes! That said I have no feeling one way or the other about McGregor personally (though I have vague memories that he seems to dress like a twat).

No doubt "Coach Kavanagh" will chime in at some stage about people disrespecting the sport.

I find the MMA guys can be very precious when any kind of criticism is directed their way. Kavanagh gets very prickly when it comes to any questioning of McGregor.

They have this kind of bizarre buddah type vibe that they seem to like to give off, but they take themselves a little too serious.

McGregor is a fantastic self promoter thats for sure and looks to be making the most of it and best of look to him. I'm not a fan of listening to him though, talks alot of rubbish and you can say its "being in character", or else its "being confident in yourself". It can't be both, so i'd love to know which is it?

As a previous poster said, anyone who portrays a character has a little bit of an arsehole built into them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

No doubt "Coach Kavanagh" will chime in at some stage about people disrespecting the sport.

I find the MMA guys can be very precious when any kind of criticism is directed their way. Kavanagh gets very prickly when it comes to any questioning of McGregor.

They have this kind of bizarre buddah type vibe that they seem to like to give off, but they take themselves a little too serious.

McGregor is a fantastic self promoter thats for sure and looks to be making the most of it and best of look to him. I'm not a fan of listening to him though, talks alot of rubbish and you can say its "being in character", or else its "being confident in yourself". It can't be both, so i'd love to know which is it?

As a previous poster said, anyone who portrays a character has a little bit of an arsehole built into them I think.

MMA guy hear, (wrestling is just entertainment between ufc events) anyone who object to any criticism of McGregor probably became a MMA fan after they heard of McGregor. Anyone with sense knows it's a bit to create hype and get him better fights (he wants to make his money fast) also playing up his natural cockiness.

But hey it works and he is a great fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Not much info out there on the actual surgery performed. WWE being quiet on it as well, one website I read said emergency jaw surgery.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/538450761576116224

Sadly it was just a doll and not him:

B3j29JlCUAAKuc0.jpg

Would have been deadly if he tapped the child on the shoulder at that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I honestly thought that was what was gonna happen!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So Sheamus is on his way back to the US.

Will he return as a heel this time?

I hope so. He needs it, and opens up feuds with likes of Ambrose, Reigns which would be a nice change for him. Cena v Shemaus could be quite good now that Shemaus is so experienced.

I'd like to see him as a heel for a while. But if he goes in that direction, I'd like to see him remain on the dark side for at least as long as he has been a babyface. I'd hate for it to be an experiment that they backed out of if it didn't work straight away. He could quickly become the heir to The Big Show's throne if that happened. I'd like to see him face Rusev though.

He's pretty popular with the kids though and does a lot of promotional work for WWE so they may be reluctant to turn him. Agree that he could do with it though. A full on, beat the crap out of them heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Sheamus right now is a bit like Cena for the WWE for outside publicity stuff he does and being a face of the company.

I really can't see them turning him heel because of that.

He is hardly irreplaceable though. Unlike Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I'm clearly in a minority here but I'm not convinced that he has to turn. To me he seems well over still with most of the audience (if not so much with the jaded, more cynical by nature smarks). Sheamus, like most of the roster to be fair, just needs to be backed as either a face or a heel. Rollins, Rusev, Wyatt are all guys he could be paired against and remain a face. He's likable by any standard, all the more so as an Irish guy playing in front of a mostly American audience. He can go in the ring, is a better talker than he's often given credit for, a concerted push isn't beyond the guy again. Personally I'd like to see him swat Bo Dallas aside for some reason (it might even be enough to push Bo into Bray Wyatt's arms but I'm getting ahead of myself now).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Reigns/Ambrose/Ziggler vs Sheamus are all feuds I want to see.

Wwe roster is very babyface heavy so unless someone like Ambrose turns heel, they should turn Sheamus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Would love to see Bryan V Sheamus (if the heel turn happens). They can put on a great show, great together.

I have no real issue with him staying as a face but he is a tired character now and needs to change it up.

As a good guy I don't see him ever getting a big run when he is competing with the likes of Bryan, Cena, Orton or Reigns.

If he was heel he was the background to leapfrog Rusev or Wyatt in the pecking order for a big feud.

As a regular competitor only Rollins would be ahead of him as a heel. All the non part time heels are relatively new other than Big Show, Show won't be getting any major pushes.

I just think it would be best for him as he is too good to be just happy smiley jokey big guy getting US title matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Heel turn is obviously needed but people have become so indifferent towards him in the past 2 years that I think he needs a larger repackaging then just a simple turn.

Think Reigns is probably his best possible opponent if he turns.

Advertisement