Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Firstly WHERE IS HE?

Secondly he's hanging on to that beard it seems:
    https://twitter.com/BigJtheBarber/status/577905639508291584

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will he return to win the Andre match at mania. It would be a nice reintroduction.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Will he return to win the Andre match at mania. It would be a nice reintroduction.

According to Meltzer et al. he is coming back as a MAIN EVENT heel.

I think Reigns's first post-Mania challenger being Big Show or Kane would be sooooooooooooooo lame. Even if Wyatt beats Undertaker he's still not the guy IMO. Daniel Bryan was done at Fastlane. Rollins is obviously a fine challenger but I'd save the MITB cash in for closer to the Summer. I think a fresh, newly minted heel Sheamus would be a good idea for Reign's first PPV as Champion. Match quality wise too.

So I would have Sheamus win the Andre match.

The return as a heel probably fits with the videos. They are short of quality heels. It would be fantastic to see him return in that role.

The return as a heel probably fits with the videos. They are short of quality heels. It would be fantastic to see him return in that role.

You can argue Sheamus's words are both boastful in terms of listing his accomplishments and bitter in the sense he needs to list them in a "you've forgotten about me" or "fans don't truly respect me" type way.

The WWE Dublin poster has Reigns, Big Show, Bryan and Sheamus. I know the show is in his hometown town but you can read it as advertising Reigns vs Big Show and Bryan vs Sheamus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Do you have a link to that post there rovert or is it just the lineup area on the tours section of WWE.com? They usually just give a list of talent appearing but aren't specific about what matches are going to be taking place. Anyway, I would have liked to have seen him in the ladder match but will still be stoked if he comes in and wins the battle royal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

He is holding onto that hat in a lot of his photos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm sure he'll look a little bit different to how we remember him when he finally makes his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If he comes back as heel, how would they go about it, I wonder. I doubt they'd get that from him just going after Reigns and going after anyone else would mean a feud with them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't see a shortage of good to great heels, or potential heels, but I do understand that there's a very fine line that has to be ridden in order to be a heel who can generate that classic reaction from the audience. Seems a lot of times these days that heels who are too entertaining start getting cheers. As they say, all the great faces started off as heels.

I can only imagine Sheamus being a maniac bully type heel but they've already got Kane (or the 'demon' Kane) for that role so it's not something Sheamus can do uniquely. I'm having a hard time really thinking of what really sets Sheamus apart as a character in terms of his physical style or manner. The look and the accent are good differentiators in presentation but even they are getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Remember suggesting on here a few weeks ago if he wasn't going to be in the ladder match I thought he'd win the Battle Royal (think It was Rovert saying they wouldnt put him straight into a ladder match where he got injured before on his return) and now with them having dragged out his return essentially all the way to mania so he couldnt have been booked in any other bout that is my prediction.

Could make a good precident then if he does get a shot at reigns after, make being the BR winner an even bigger thing with the appearance that the winner might get pushed (unlike Cesaro).

Sheamo this weekend:
    CAxha95W8AAA1Gs.jpg

Some fan needs to knock the cap off his head to find out if he is a baldy.

Maybe it was an accident at Carmella's Salon:

carmellaenzo.png

Meltzer
    --Sheamus is scripted and will be part of Sunday's show.

So there you go.

Gruaig update
    CBPauFOWoAAGaOB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Brendão wrote: »
    He looks completely bald under the cap? (No sideburns or hair at the back) Has he shaved off all his hair? Part of me wishes he would go all out and have a gimmick like this, but it would probably be hokey in reality.
    b2b_PEG_54-134_1.jpg
    I hope Sheamus has a mad looking Mohawk under that hat.

Some quotes from January^^^

RAW
    I still think he needs to change up the ring gear. The beard and mohawk are fine with me, but he needs CM Punk style wrist tape, maybe some sort of chest piece that can be easily removed for matches and older, more authentic looking boots and kneepads. He had plenty of time to work on it.

I hope Sheamus has a mad looking Mohawk under that hat.

Well how do you like it? ;)

I like the new look myself. Could do with a wardrobe change, nothing too dramatic, doesn't want to turn into a comedy piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Doubt they will as he said he always says he wants to stay away from the stereotypes, but I'd love to see him up the hooligan side of things.

He has cemeted himself as probably the best brawler in fed. An APA-esque fighter/bully could be great.

For Smackdown
    Sheamus/Barrett V Ziggler/Bryan

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Well how do you like it? ;)

I like the new look myself. Could do with a wardrobe change, nothing too dramatic, doesn't want to turn into a comedy piece.

It's a change he needed anyway. Might look better on him if it wasn't spiked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's he do with that mohawk when he's not wrestling? Does he just stuff it under a cap, or let it flop into a center parting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well he has had his cap on non stop in any pics ive seen of him pre Raw anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with his character rather than his look? :pac:

I feel he's stale, even tho he's just back, I think we need to see some sort of storyline that provokes emotion as opposed to another feud with just matches.

No doubt Sheamus/Ambrose Sheamus/Ziggler Sheamus/Bryan could all be good but there has to be substance to it IMO. I really want to see his character evolve rather than just beating on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with his character rather than his look? :pac:

I feel he's stale, even tho he's just back, I think we need to see some sort of storyline that provokes emotion as opposed to another feud with just matches.

No doubt Sheamus/Ambrose Sheamus/Ziggler Sheamus/Bryan could all be good but there has to be substance to it IMO. I really want to see his character evolve rather than just beating on people.

Agreed! He'll need to have a good reason for being heel, beating on popular faces etc. Do we trust the writers to get deep with it and make sense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Brendão wrote: »
    Agreed! He'll need to have a good reason for being heel, beating on popular faces etc. Do we trust the writers to get deep with it and make sense though.

Hahahaha don't be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Smackdown spoiler:
    He had new music and he got over well as a heel. It was a favorable crowd who cheered the faces and booed the heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I actually like the look for a heel.

A lot of people look a guy with a mohawk and think "douchebag".

It's perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ruu wrote: »
    For Smackdown
    Sheamus/Barrett V Ziggler/Bryan

Smackdown
    Match was changed to an one on one, Sheamus Vs Bryan. Sheamus wins by countout as Barrett who was commentating hit Bryan with the bullhammer on the outside. Looks like they are going for a triple threat or a fatal four way for the Intercontenial title at Extreme Rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

As long as it's not the cowardly heel route :/

Advertisement