Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

harney wrote: »
    As long as it's not the cowardly heel route :/

Agreed, Sheamus needs to be a hard hitting monster heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

JR on Sheamus becoming a villain.
    If Sheamus is going to become a villain, which I like BTW, hopefully he will master many of the villain nuances that others have failed to prioritize such as cheating to gain an unfair advantage and selling like a villain. Sheamus needs to also be as physical as possible until it is time for him to acquire the 'limber tail' in his matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was worried when I heard Sheamus got a new entrance but I have to say I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I was worried when I heard Sheamus got a new entrance but I have to say I really like it.

I'm not a fan of Sheamus but I thought that entrance & theme was cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Was stiff as **** with Bryan, a bit sloppy as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

TBH Bryan seems intent on having stiff matches with him taking stupid risky moves. He wants that Brock match and looks to be trying to prove he is able for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Strong dislike of Sheamo, very boring and no charisma. Give me Drew McIntyre over him anyday

Sheamus was dull as a face. Vince is surprisingly bad at booking faces so i don't really think it was down to Sheamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Sheamus is doing the whole big bully heel thing, which is cool, but right now it doesn't stand out too much. There's other wrestlers who can fill that role. Sheamus will have to develop his personality a little bit and be allowed to talk at some point in order to really get across this change in personality, and just his general motivation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

briany wrote: »
    Sheamus is doing the whole big bully heel thing, which is cool, but right now it doesn't stand out too much. There's other wrestlers who can fill that role. Sheamus will have to develop his personality a little bit and be allowed to talk at some point in order to really get across this change in personality, and just his general motivation.

I suppose time will tell. I hope they stay away from the whole i hate America **** since they Rusev doing that. If giving the time i can see Sheamus being a great heel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really like that theme. I was just thinking earlier that way too many themes these days have vocals in them.. annoying hip hop nonsense and the like..
    This is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Back years ago,maybe it was against jobbers only now but some of the heels would bate the tar out of some lad and would pin him but break it themselves before the 3 count so as to prolong the punishment as it were. Would that be deemed a little too sadistic for Sheamus, or any wrestler for that matter, to do in the PG era?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

When he went out to have surgery, was the reason for it ever disclosed? I seem to remember it was all a bit hush hush at the time.

Maybe he was getting the hair done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Tssk wrote: »
    Back years ago,maybe it was against jobbers only now but some of the heels would bate the tar out of some lad and would pin him but break it themselves before the 3 count so as to prolong the punishment as it were. Would that be deemed a little too sadistic for Sheamus, or any wrestler for that matter, to do in the PG era?

I have vague memories of Taker doing this every so often, get a 2 count and stop. Give a little bit more beating, then go again.

That would be a fantastic route, build beast #2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

New theme is cool, but it still has a few tics from his face run in the entrance, like the felllaaaaa at the start. Cut that type of crap out and act more menacing and he'll be sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I used to do this all the time in the old smackdown games on the playstation haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sheamus used to do exactly that:

I was recently watching clips of him when he first started and he was great as a heel. These are two of my favorite ever squash matches and a lot of credit to Noble for his selling. Not so much for Michael Cole for his attempt to pronounce Cuchulainn as Cuckoo Clane.

Love the new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Or else pinning your opponent with your foot on their chest...The ultimate insult!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sheamo firing back at reports like this:
    - The Wrestling Observer reports that the recently returning WWE Superstar Sheamus could be in the doghouse. Per the report, Sheamus received some criticism and heat backstage this week for working recklessly in his match against Daniel Bryan at this week’s TV tapings.

During the course of the match, Bryan was busted open and needed seven stitches to close the cut. Going by some of the other broadcasts of the show that have already aired this week, a little blood was visible during the match.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/584009398747590656

• Advertisement

What did you make of it Rovert?

Its not like he is Ryback and a little bit clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The new theme is deadly but he should shave his head asap.

The new theme is deadly but he should shave his head asap.

A shaved head isn't that uncommon, so to shave the head would be one less distinctive thing about Sheamus' look. He'd end up looking like Snitsky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Didn't Kevin Owens do this recently on NXT?

briany wrote: »
    A shaved head isn't that uncommon, so to shave the head would be one less distinctive thing about Sheamus' look. He'd end up looking like Snitsky.

He's Irish, ginger, pale and already very well established. I think that makes him pretty distinctive. He's been one of the least interesting guys for at least 2 years. He needs a drastic change and his current look is terrible - particularly on a 37 year old man.

He's Irish, ginger, pale and already very well established. I think that makes him pretty distinctive. He's been one of the least interesting guys for at least 2 years. He needs a drastic change and his current look is terrible - particularly on a 37 year old man.

The interest he's generated has little to do with his look. The look he currently has may be stupid, but it will move a few action figures, too. To make him more interesting, they have to book the guy better. All the look in the world means nothing if you aren't portraying an interesting character.

I agree but he's one of the stalest guys going as it is. The change of music helps but looking stupid definitely won't. If he'd stuck with his previous look it'd be preferable to this change.

I agree but he's one of the stalest guys going as it is. The change of music helps but looking stupid definitely won't. If he'd stuck with his previous look it'd be preferable to this change.

The look works to signify a change in personality, a more brutal, ruthless heel and is better than a shaved head as something to sell shirts and figurines. Ultimately, the WWE isn't particularly worried if the IWC thinks he looks stupid. It has little bearing on the WWE's business.

But I feel like Sheamus is being unfairly singled out for having a look. Eric Rowan comes out with a bald head, a bushy beard and a sheep mask that lacks any context outside of the Wyatt family, not a word said against him. The Vaudevillians are darlings of the IWC even though their gimmick is goofy (by design) because they can entertain, but they were given a chance. Let's give Sheamus a month or two of the same leeway and we may come to appreciate this look if he can cultivate a decent character alongside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The 'you look stupid' chants might catch on at every arena. Not necessarily a bad thing as at least he is getting a reaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm always amazed had hard Sheamus gets ragged on. There is no doubt that his face run became very lame but it was all the smiling and Cena-esque jokes that sucked the life him.

His look on the other hand is he the one thing I think he will always have going for him. The guy is a beast and brawls like a mofo. The mayo skin, ginger hair and pretty cool ring gear are truly unique.

The Mohawk and beard could be seen as a bit naff but I'm always game for a little tweak or change when a character has turned or going a different direction.

Advertisement