Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning traffic from Douglas to Little Island Cork

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm moving back gone from Dublin to Cork. I haven't lived in Cork for years and I've never lived in Douglas. Are there any dodgy areas you should avoid renting wise and if anybody does the morning drive from Douglas to little island how long does it take with traffic? Thanks most kindly! Must look at buses too in case that's a cheaper option..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

It will depend what part of Douglas you will be living in regarding the morning commute. Getting on to the South Ring can take more time than the drive to Little Island. If you have an 8am start, it can be slow getting on to the Island from the N25.
    If you were to travel by public transport, you would probably need a bus to city centre and train to Little Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd be inclined to agree with the above. I'd head through Mahon on to the N40. Should take no more than 20 minutes if you get into the tunnel before 8:30

Advertisement