Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean waves and stormy conditions. ..

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

During this stormy weather and huge swells myself and one of my friends decided to do a tour of the Clare coast and discovered 5 spots that are clean and surf able....

We were quite surprised at how big and clean these are, they wrap around headlands then the winds blow offshore. ..

We saw quite a few surfer's at 3 out of the 5 marks lol

We're going to check out the Shannon estuary rumour has it......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

That's just a tease....go on and give us a clue of location!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Plenty of nice waves coming through on a quiet little spot in Clare yesterday. Was really nice to be out there, seeing the huge swell rolling through outside and taking handy little 2 to 3 footers in the shelter. Chilly enough getting changed in the wind afterwards though as the sun was setting.

These bigger swells certainly light up some of the spots that rarely work, well woth the spin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Plenty of nice waves coming through on a quiet little spot in Clare yesterday. Was really nice to be out there, seeing the huge swell rolling through outside and taking handy little 2 to 3 footers in the shelter. Chilly enough getting changed in the wind afterwards though as the sun was setting.

These bigger swells certainly light up some of the spots that rarely work, well woth the spin

It seems it's the spots with no waves most of the year round that's working well these days.

One very public spot was on fire, double overhead waves and a steep take off onto a clean run....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

noserider wrote: »
    That's just a tease....go on and give us a clue of location!!

Im in Clare but am a shore angler as well as a bodyboarder lol

So I have an idea of all the coves,inlets piers etc

There's some right good spots alright. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Geomy wrote: »
    It seems it's the spots with no waves most of the year round that's working well these days.
    Yep, you'd be surprised the quiet little spots that work in bays and around headlands on the massive winter swells if you went out looking.
    It's the wind and cold that gets to me though! Trying to change out of a wetsuit with the - limbs of a zombie - isn't much fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement