Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 update problem

Options
  • 22-12-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi recently bought a second hand Xbox for my son then I bought a wireless connector to connect to Xbox live I've connected up my eircom to the unit when I get to go to Xbox live I get an update prompt Xbox tries to update and after a minuite or so it says unable to update and gives me an error code have tried all tried everything on the x box support page and still no joy anyone got any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

What error are you getting when you try to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

johndel wrote: »
    Hi recently bought a second hand Xbox for my son then I bought a wireless connector to connect to Xbox live I've connected up my eircom to the unit when I get to go to Xbox live I get an update prompt Xbox tries to update and after a minuite or so it says unable to update and gives me an error code have tried all tried everything on the x box support page and still no joy anyone got any ideas

Have you got an Eircom Netopia modem? If so you need to log in and lower the firewall. Low setting should be ok to leave it on but you will have to do it for every update if you raise it back up.

To lower it just open a browser on any computer and put 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. You will see an option for the firewall on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johndel

Hi thanks did ex actually wat you said with the fire wall and all worked perfect some difference with the new upgrade thanks again

Advertisement