Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep payment

Options
  • 22-12-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi just received sheep payment and only got paid on 3hectares and it should be on 11 hectared I phoned them and they told me I only sent in census for last year but the yearbefore that I sent in census on behalf of my deceased father since then I got my own herd no and took over the sheep farming from my step father just wondering will the department take that into concideration as still have the same sheep

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Perhaps your unaware of the general policy in this country to shaft the little fella at every opportunity.
    Did you get a different flock number of your own. If so the department are probably counting you as sheep farming for a year.
    As the census is averaged over 2 years they have added 0 to last years census and divided by 2.
    I think you need 7 sheep per hectare for maximum payment so I'm guessing you had around 42 sheep last year and according to the department 21 on average over 2 years.
    You can probably try to explain the force majeure situation and see if they can do anything but I don't want to get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Perhaps your unaware of the general policy in this country to shaft the little fella at every opportunity.
    Did you get a different flock number of your own. If so the department are probably counting you as sheep farming for a year.
    As the census is averaged over 2 years they have added 0 to last years census and divided by 2.
    I think you need 7 sheep per hectare for maximum payment so I'm guessing you had around 42 sheep last year and according to the department 21 on average over 2 years.
    You can probably try to explain the force majeure situation and see if they can do anything but I don't want to get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Country lad

Thanks very much you are totally right just phoned them up and have to have flock number in my own name for two years so all sorted does,nt make sense to me but thats the way it is

Advertisement