Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa predicament!

Options
  • 22-12-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi and thanks in advance for any help offered.

I'm currently residing in Australia with my wife and son. I'm Irish but have Australian citizenship as I lived here originally in the 80's and 90's but returned to Ireland in late 90's, my son also has Australian citizenship by decent.

Here's our predicament, my wife travelled out on a 676 visa which entitles her to stay for up to a year but not work, reason she got this visa is because we weren't to sure if we would settle here but luckily we love it here!
    Thing is we have to return to Ireland in June 2014 for a wedding and the only visa option for my wife to return with us is "apparently" the spousal visa at a cost of $4750 which is a lot of money to us as we only intend on staying in Oz until June 2015 which works out as a lot of money for staying one year.

I'm of the opinion that when we return to Ireland we could surely just apply for another 676 visa for her but she's not willing to take that chance in case the visa is rejected.

I would really appreciate any info on this at all, if anyone has been in a similar situation please post, thanks a mill....

Stewart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Looking on the immi website it says
    You might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.

When does your wife's visa expire ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stewart1977

Hi my wife's visa runs out on the 4th of July 2014 and we are returning to Ireland on the 28th of June 2014.

Cheers,

Stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

The only other visas that i can find are the 600, 601 and the 651. The 600 subclass allows stays up to three, six or 12 months. Having looked on the website the department is not allowing new applications for the 676.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stewart1977

Hi

I've been looking on the immi website quite a lot and never seen anything about them stopping issuing of 676 visas?
    It looks likely that we will put in a online application for a subclass 600 visa this coming January so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Stewart

Advertisement