Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Captain Poll

• 22-12-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

should be an interesting poll...

GW 18 Captain 194 votes

Suarez
    0% 0 votes
    Remy
    51% 100 votes
    Rooney
    0% 1 vote
    Negredo
    25% 50 votes
    Welbeck
    2% 5 votes
    Lukaku
    1% 2 votes
    Giroud
    14% 29 votes
    Hazard
    0% 1 vote
    Silva
    1% 3 votes
    Ramsey
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Interesting poll options alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Right now my inclination is not to get caught up with what happened last week, and give Lukaku another chance.

At 6pm, I may be thinking completely differently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've learnt my lesson. The armband won't be taken off Suarez for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Captain Negredo this week :)

Hard to ignore Suarez even given the opposition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Hard to ignore Suarez but Id be surprised if he turned out to be the best choice this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Have Suarez but thinking of captaining Theo Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Rooney or Hazard for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Suarez for me, impossible to take it off him the way he is playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez until he gives me a good reason not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

hazard for me, need to take a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SlickRic wrote: »
    Suarez until he gives me a good reason not to.

City being poor defensively of late is a good enough reason for me too.

That said, they'll probably score six at the other end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Suarez for me too, I think. At least this week captaincy might mean something; plenty of people will not want to captain him to City away IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Sticking with Luis

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

im probably going to captain lukaku or negredo, cant see myself captaining suarez could be a big misktake, i dont have rooney but i think he would be a good choice, if was punting and 100 points down on the league leader then adebayor would be my choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Suarez for me too, I think. At least this week captaincy might mean something; plenty of people will not want to captain him to City away IMO.

This is exactly what I just thought as I opened my team page a few minutes ago and thought maybe Lukaku, although still have it on Suarez.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If you're going to captain an Everton player, why not Coleman. He's outscored Lukaku both literally and in FPL the last couple of games.

I'll likely stick with Suarez.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

City have conceded 8 in their last 4 (albeit 3 of those games were away), their back 4 is very unsettled (Demichelis was very poor against fulham), and Suárez is Suárez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If you're going to captain an Everton player, why not Coleman. He's outscored Lukaku bother literally and in FPL the last couple of games.

I'll likely stick with Suarez.

I VCed him this week and will do the same next week, but anyone other than Suarez is a big risk. Form beats fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote: »

couldnt care less how many city score, as long as Suarez bags another brace at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I VCed him this week and will do the same next week, but anyone other than Suarez is a big risk. Form beats fixtures.

For once captaining Suarez could be a slight differential. I will definately be captaining him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ozil captain and rooney vc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lemlin wrote: »

both City and Liverpool will score, probably multiple times.

Silva, Negredo and Suarez are all fine choices as captain this week as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

SlickRic wrote: »
    both City and Liverpool will score, probably multiple times.

Silva, Negredo and Suarez are all fine choices as captain this week as far as I'm concerned.

Seems to be alot more love for Silva than Toure in here.. surprised considering Toure is on FKs and Pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If there's one person we hate more than Ramsey it's Yaya. I take it upon myself to speak for the whole forum when I say that :pac:

Most certainly not as one of the stubborn feckers who lead the anti-ramsey brigade for a period of time and is still in cahoots with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

City have conceded 8 in their last 4 (albeit 3 of those games were away), their back 4 is very unsettled (Demichelis was very poor against fulham), and Suárez is Suárez.

I've mentioned it on here a few times before he signed for City, Demichelis is up there amongst the worst defenders in Europe's top leagues. Roque Junior style stuff, he is an absolute liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

If there's one person we hate more than Ramsey it's Yaya. I take it upon myself to speak for the whole forum when I say that :pac:

Most certainly not as one of the stubborn feckers who lead the anti-ramsey brigade for a period of time and is still in cahoots with them

Comparatively speaking I think this forum has done much worse this year than last. We were all on on Michu ect last year. A lot of us have been burned by toure, ramsey etc this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

qwabercd wrote: »
    I've mentioned it on here a few times before he signed for City, Demichelis is up there amongst the worst defenders in Europe's top leagues. Roque Junior style stuff, he is an absolute liability.

He's the reason I'm captaining Suarez. He's an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's the reason I'm captaining Suarez. He's an accident waiting to happen.

Is Nastasic not about due back?

• Advertisement

I'm not happy with my choices this week. I'm looking for someone to talk me into captaining Suarez. Man City have conceded 5 goals at home, and have won every game. Liverpool have only won 3 of 8 away games. Only 5 of Suarez's 19 goals have come away from home. Somebody convince me why these stats are irrelevant and that he is going to rack up a score anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

qwabercd wrote: »
    Comparatively speaking I think this forum has done much worse this year than last. We were all on on Michu ect last year. A lot of us have been burned by toure, ramsey etc this year.

if coleman wasnt Irish Id say a lot of people would have been burned by him aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If there's ever a week to avoid Suarez, surely City away is it.

Not sure there's any obvious replacement tho. Lukaku is the only one I'm considering, rest of my team sees to be playing away.

I'll see how Walcott gets on this week. I'll be very nervous following the city/pool game though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

Januzi? ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

8-10 wrote: »
    Is Nastasic not about due back?

Don't think so, haven't read anything about him coming back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Don't think so, haven't read anything about him coming back anyway.

The fantasy site have him red flagged this week and the note says expected back Dec 26th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Paully D wrote: »
    I've learnt my lesson. The armband won't be taken off Suarez for the season.

Same as,

kippy wrote: »
    Same as,
    Even if he isn't necessarily the best option? Suppose City were at home to Palace this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

CSF wrote: »
    Even if he isn't necessarily the best option? Suppose City were at home to Palace this week?
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Unless a City player is in better form than him at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ozil captain and rooney vc.

Risky captaining Ozil .Wenger has said he needs a rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Risky captaining Ozil .Wenger has said he needs a rest.

have been thinking about switching ozil to silva and work ozil back in with my wildcard.
    With captaincy I'm not sure about suarez this week. May go lukaku brown is suspended and o shea may be injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Won't be moving from Suarez. Too many of my league will be captaining him. A big haul from Suarez would be disastrous if i don't have him as Captain. Such ask the "smart" people who decided to pick excellent differential captains the last week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Whoever picked Remy might be on to something. I sold him last night so he's guaranteed a high score. Took a 4 point hit to shift Lallana out last week. I'm an idiot savant but without the savant bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Sold Remy for Adebayor as he hasn't scored in the last 4 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This game is patience. Been sitting on Ramsey ozil and giroud solid over 70 in last few weeks although 73 this week and 77 saw red arrows but arsenal have savage fixtures and they will be differentials

Yaya is some beast, hate him, refuse to drop ozil fer or lallana for him.

Wish I had the balls to captain ozil this week. But I will weld it to Suarez till him stops scoring or headbutts an official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Difficult one. United are regaining form and Rooney's looking good for a goal at least against Hull. Man City unbeaten at home. Can Suarez change that? Currently backing Rooney for the differential, although that backfired on me a couple of weeks ago, however Liverpool away to Spurs was an easier game. Ahh too many variables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Difficult one. United are regaining form and Rooney's looking good for a goal at least against Hull. Man City unbeaten at home. Can Suarez change that? Currently backing Rooney for the differential, although that backfired on me a couple of weeks ago, however Liverpool away to Spurs was an easier game. Ahh too many variables.

Rooney is playing so deep though especially away from home, he's good for an assist but against villa he was everywhere but up top for most of the game and villa aren't exactly light years ahead of hull, theres not much between them this season.

Its either lui, hazard or negredo for me... if i go against the grain with lui and it works out its great but with his form it could backfire quite fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have any team put more than 2 past Hull this season? They are very strong defensively.

I certainly don't expect United to roll them over. No team has. They even went to the Emirates and only lost 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm expecting the City/Liverpool game to be a stomper, so I reckon Suarez is on course for another 10+ points. He's getting the armband, no other real contenders this week, imo, except Rooney but I don't have him so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Will be giving the armband to Suarez.

Does anyone else think the game has got a bit boring since RVP and Aguero got injured? 90% of active players will be captaining Suarez this week and most weeks up until said two are back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement