Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BNMC wrote: »
    Will be giving the armband to Suarez.

Does anyone else think the game has got a bit boring since RVP and Aguero got injured? 90% of active players will be captaining Suarez this week and most weeks up until said two are back.
    54.62 according to figures here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Suarez for me too, I think. At least this week captaincy might mean something; plenty of people will not want to captain him to City away IMO.

Which is a great reason to make him captain, to gain ground on the dilly season risk takers. Form over fixtures is the best policy when choosing captain. He is in the form of his life and the team are creating plenty of opportunities, foolish to look elsewhere imo.

garra wrote: »
    Which is a great reason to make him captain, to gain ground on the dilly season risk takers. Form over fixtures is the best policy when choosing captain. He is in the form of his life and the team are creating plenty of opportunities, foolish to look elsewhere imo.
    I dunno, Suarez is as big a risk as anyone this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

adebayor for me his in good form,could pay off nicely if kompany keeps suarez quiet

I don't have the bottle to take the armband off Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't have the bottle to take the armband off Suarez

Same. Knowing my luck he'll score a hattrick and get 15 assists. Can't risk falling further behind

CSF wrote: »
    I dunno, Suarez is as big a risk as anyone this week.

I dont see the same level of risk as you, maybe I'm being simple but you cannot ignore his form (19.25 pts/game over last 4 games), and City's defence will be just another gaggle of lumbering turkeys at the end of the match, regardless of how much they are paid.

I dont see the same level of risk as you, maybe I'm being simple but you cannot ignore his form (19.25 pts/game over last 4 games), and City's defence will be just another gaggle of lumbering turkeys at the end of the match, regardless of how much they are paid.
    Liverpool are going to be on the back foot for large spells. Statistically City only concede .625 of a goal every home game. Assuming Suarez scores this .625 of a goal, how many points will he get?

Liverpool are going to be on the back foot for large spells. Statistically City only concede .625 of a goal every home game. Assuming Suarez scores this .625 of a goal, how many points will he get?

Another stat to consider is Pool's 17 goals in 8 away games, I'll be chuffed with another Luis brace so.
    Also would question the assurance that Pool will be on the back foot for long spells, they will be pressing City's midfield and turning over possession frequently imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Another stat to consider is Pool's 17 goals in 8 away games, I'll be chuffed with another Luis brace so.
    Also would question the assurance that Pool will be on the back foot for long spells, they will be pressing City's midfield and turning over possession frequently imo.

City are by far the better team but I think they will let in one at the very least.

Switched the captain from Ozil to Ronney ,he's involved with every goal opportunity and is on penos and free kicks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Adeybayor for me. 95% of my important league have suarez on permacaptain and im about 80 points off top. Time to get risky plus it makes the game more fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Adeybayor for me. 95% of my important league have suarez on permacaptain and im about 80 points off top. Time to get risky plus it makes the game more fun

Happy Birthday

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool score, but they'd be doing very well to score more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I have it on Lukaku at the moment, it's a last chance for him to do something for me or he's being shipped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Won't be taking it off Suarez again unless he gets injured or suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If there's one person we hate more than Ramsey it's Yaya. I take it upon myself to speak for the whole forum when I say that :pac:

Most certainly not as one of the stubborn feckers who lead the anti-ramsey brigade for a period of time and is still in cahoots with them

Not me...only player I've had since GW1 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm struggling to let go of the notion of captaining lukaku. Frustrated with him and close to selling him, but at home to a makeshift sunderland defence feels like it could be one where everton click and where romelu could get his mojo back.

Suarez by no means a cert to score, but the comments here are pretty evenly split in terms of how people think Suarez v City defence will pan out.

Somebody wanna talk me out of swapping armband to Lukaku??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm struggling to let go of the notion of captaining lukaku. Frustrated with him and close to selling him, but at home to a makeshift sunderland defence feels like it could be one where everton click and where romelu could get his mojo back.

Suarez by no means a cert to score, but the comments here are pretty evenly split in terms of how people think Suarez v City defence will pan out.

Somebody wanna talk me out of swapping armband to Lukaku??
    Could be a massacre alright. Wes Brown is a huge loss to them, he has been brilliant since he returned. Whether Lukaku gets in on the act though is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool score, but they'd be doing very well to score more than once.

i agree with this and for that reason Im going lukaku. Will probably change to suarez when I sober up in the morning though.

i agree with this and for that reason Im going lukaku. Will probably change to suarez when I sober up in the morning though.
    Just to clarify, I'm neither sweet nor sour on Lukaku and Suarez's chances. I'm well aware of Suarez's ability to still do it, and the fact that Lukaku could do nothing. Very narrow choice between the 2 of them but the choice has now been made and I won't be going back now.

• Advertisement

Great idea, there's some mulled wine left and the missus got me some Donegal brewed Farmhouse ales, that will definitely help me decide!! Plus some trifle obviously.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Suarez could hit double figures against any team in the league. Lukaku has little consistency to his points scoring. I would consider captaining Coleman before him tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Great idea, there's some mulled wine left and the missus got me some Donegal brewed Farmhouse ales, that will definitely help me decide!! Plus some trifle obviously.....

Kinnegar Brewery? Lucky man!

City at home.

8 games.
    5 clean sheets.
    Only 5 conceded, 3 of which were against arsenal in a slightly strange game wherethe were routing the opposition.

Lukaku looking more like getting the nod.

Ps: I'm on call and online for work, otherwise id not be on here replying to myself on Xmas night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Ps: I'm on call and online for work, otherwise id not be on here replying to myself on Xmas night!
    Yeah, me too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-F-WEQqDnqiVEJOEFK7NyeHxrZsKKhlEbWFjg6jiPZZpgvZyyrg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rooney leading the FFScout poll at the minute. Tough decision this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

It'd be a tough decision for me if I had Rooney but I don't so King Suarez it is. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Nearly sure I read that RVP and Carrick have been training for a week. Would not surprise me if they're back given how mystical Moyes likes to be. That could bode well for Rooney if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

going for Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tempted to captain walcott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Going for Lukaku. Feel free to come back tomorrow to laugh at me.

J o e wrote: »
    Kinnegar Brewery? Lucky man!

The man from Kinnegar, he say Lukaku..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have Rooney as captain.

Cannot see Suarez or Liverpool scoring 2well, more hoping.

Seamus as VC, just in-case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

captaining lukaku on here is gathering pace like aguero 2 gameweeks ago, hopefully its not a bad omen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Taking a chance and putting the armband on Adebayor. Can't see Suarez going mental against City. Need some big points after 2 bad weeks so it's time to take chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Walcott. Surprised he's not getting more mentions.

Or Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Going for Negredo this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

M thinking lukaku, just like others are saying do or die match for him, otherwise he will be shipped out of my team. He has to score atleast a brace today.
    Suarez please dun make me regret my decision again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Lukaku for me. I had a dream.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lukaku for me. I had a dream.....

Same as, it's got nightmare all over it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Going to ruin my Xmas and captain Lukaku, cannot see Rooney or Suarez hitting double figures and Lukakau is the call given the problems Sunderland have.

Only last week i declared that he was rarely captain material and now look, this has disaster written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

i feel the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Had a dream Lukaku would do well.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Can't decide between Lukaku and Suarez. Suarez is ahead of Lukaku on TotalFPL and FFS, so I'm going to go with the masses.

Also, Liverpool play in the later game, and if I captained Lukaku and he didn't do well, I don't think I could stomach watching the Liverpool game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Lukaku. Please make my day.

• Advertisement

lukaku it is. The two lads im chasing in my league dont have him and will captain suarez so if it goes well I will close the gap and if it doesnt atleast I'll get half the suarez pts they get. As a liverpool fan Id love if suarez ran amok I just cant see it. However I didnt think liverpool would score against spurs so will happily be wrong again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Need to make up ground so putting the armband on Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

There can be only one.

Suarez.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I've gone with Lukaku. I need to take the odd risk at this stage. Fingers crossed it'll pay off

G1032 wrote: »
    I've gone with Lukaku. I need to take the odd risk at this stage. Fingers crossed it'll pay off

Did the same and dont really see it a huge risk. Liverpool will probably need to win for suarez to be getting maximum bps if he does score, so if both lukaku and suarez get one goal each lukaku probably has a better chance of maximum bps. Everton a team 2 pts behind liverpool at home to the bottom team in the league as opposed to liverpools toughest game of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement