Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crediting cash to an AIB credit card so that it has positive balance

Options
  • 22-12-2013 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

• My AIB credit card balance limit is 3000 euro.
    • The current balance is 0.
    • I want to use the card to purchase several plane tickets, the total cost of which will come to around 3500 euro.
    If I transfer 500 euro from my current account to the credit card via internet banking so that the credit card available balance is 3500 euro, will that additional 500 euro be available immediately, enabling me to make my purchases? Or, will I need to wait for a few days for the transfer to come into effect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

FURET wrote: »
    • My AIB credit card balance limit is 3000 euro.
    • The current balance is 0.
    • I want to use the card to purchase several plane tickets, the total cost of which will come to around 3500 euro.
    If I transfer 500 euro from my current account to the credit card via internet banking so that the credit card available balance is 3500 euro, will that additional 500 euro be available immediately, enabling me to make my purchases? Or, will I need to wait for a few days for the transfer to come into effect?

Give them a buzz, they can increase your limit immediately, also tell them you'll be making a large purchase so they don't block it.

If you transfer money it takes a few days for your credit to be adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Give them a buzz, they can increase your limit immediately, also tell them you'll be making a large purchase so they don't block it.

Unfortunately the phone lines are down (probably due to the debit card issue). I can't get through to an agent.

FURET wrote: »
    Unfortunately the phone lines are down (probably due to the debit card issue). I can't get through to an agent.

You can request a limit increase online last time I checked, if you haven't done it in the last 6 months that is.

Yep still can, just go to - Manage my Accounts - My Cards- Credit Card - Request Limit Increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

Nino Brown wrote: »
    You can request a limit increase online last time I checked, if you haven't done it in the last 6 months that is.

Yep still can, just go to - Manage my Accounts - My Cards- Credit Card - Request Limit Increase.

Thanks. I should have mentioned, I was able to increase the limit online last night from 2300 to 3000, but no higher. I still need that extra 500.

Ah, I see. I can't think of any way of getting the increase with the lines down then. Have you considered calling the airline and splitting the fees. Maybe paying for E500 on debit card and the rest on credit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement