Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single stage trigger for a Savage FTR

• 22-12-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

So I am really sick of the trigger that comes with the stock Savage FTR. I am looking to get it replaced but wondering what would be the best option out there. I just want a single stage trigger that just fires when I pull the trigger rather than the current one on the savage that is much too fiddly for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

nastros wrote: »
    So I am really sick of the trigger that comes with the stock Savage FTR. I am looking to get it replaced but wondering what would be the best option out there. I just want a single stage trigger that just fires when I pull the trigger rather than the current one on the savage that is much too fiddly for me.

Nastros, we are talking about the Savage Model 12, correct? I thought the accutrigger was supposed to be a nice piece of kit.:confused: Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

There does not seem to be anything from Jewel, which is the "usual" choice for benchrest, as opposed to the field.

I know Timney does something - an accutrigger. They are usually my first choice. I have them for the 700, 10/22, and going to get one for the AR.

Here is a bit about Evolution triggers. Not sure if they want the action sent to them [obvious problem] - does not seem to be diy.
    http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/Triggers.html

Quick google search brings up a few people talking about RifleBasix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Contacted sharp shooter and riflebasix and timney and they can't ship out of the US. So i am trying to find someone in europe that does them. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

I have heard of ppl removing the 'accutrigger' off the trigger and then adjusting it to make the trigger more responsive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

nastros wrote: »
    Contacted sharp shooter and riflebasix and timney and they can't ship out of the US. So i am trying to find someone in europe that does them. Thanks for the reply
    Did you contact riflebasix directly at www.riflebasix.com.
    I bought a a good few triggers from them the most recent only about 3 months ago and they shipped them to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Timney and the other company might not have the ITAR authorization but others will such as brownells and they will ship. You may require an export licence.
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/index.htm?avs|Make_3=Savage%20Arms

• Advertisement

Ill try brownells and see never tried them actually

Contacted riflebasix on zeissmans advice and trigger will be here in 2 weeks thanks for the help

Advertisement