Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iOS 7 jailbreak is here

• 22-12-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Full details http://evasi0n.com
    Just downloaded it on my iPhone iOS 7.0.4 great to get movie box etc back thanks evasi0n and the team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Completed it there and when the phone went to reboot for the last time it's now stuck on the apple logo screen. Hurray.

Edit: Had to stick it into recovery mode and restore it. Think I'll wait a few days before I try again to see if the jailbreak needs tweaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What are the benefits of Jailbreaking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

jenno86 wrote: »

You can install bad themes and apps that weren't useful enough for the App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Duff wrote: »
    Completed it there and when the phone went to reboot for the last time it's now stuck on the apple logo screen. Hurray.

Edit: Had to stick it into recovery mode and restore it. Think I'll wait a few days before I try again to see if the jailbreak needs tweaking.

Could be Related to the issue below.
    evasi0n wrote:
    Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Until we fix that, please restore your device to 7.0.4. with iTunes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Sounds like it alright. I'll wait a week or so and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Holy ****! I wasn't expecting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jenno86 wrote: »
    back in the olden days it was useful for people who bought simlocked phones, as you could run some jailbroken software to allow you to unlock your phone. Also jailbreaking had some nifty features like control centre-esque software before being in iOS officially.

nowadays it's not really needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

So happy to have my jailbreak back, gonna install I black list for a start for unknown callers can go fu*k themselves. I also got a tweak that requires a password to turn the phone off or enter the settings. Going to wait a week or two before installing more give devs time to update they apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Doylers wrote: »
    So happy to have my jailbreak back, gonna install I black list for a start for unknown callers can go fu*k themselves.

IOS 7 has this..you can block callers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Waiting on some firmware to download I started reading up on this jailbreak. There seems to be a lot of dodgy stuff about it. Instead of waiting for 7.1, apparently they rushed it out, as some chinese company paid them a **** tonne of money. There's some very questionable chinese software packaged with the jailbreak too. Plus saurik didn't even know about the jailbreak so cydia has loads of issues with it.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/12/22/why-the-evad3rs-released-their-ios-7-jailbreak-today/

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1tgoce/official_chinese_version_of_evasi0n_comes_bundled/

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1tgifo/saurik_responds_to_ios7_jailbreak_doesnt_sound/

I'm going to wait for a few days and see what happens before putting this on any of my devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

IOS 7 has this..you can block callers

I haven't look since came out in ios7 but if I recall correctly, you can only block calls when number is shown, if number is block you cannot block them.

don't think you can block unknown callers in iOS 7. sure you can block people calling you but they have to call you at least once and have their number on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

then is having a jailbreak tweek any better? dont see how you can block unknown caller even with JB

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

then is having a jailbreak tweek any better? dont see how you can block unknown caller even with JB
    yeh it can screen the call before alerting to you, if the user has caller id turned off it can block the call.

it's pretty impressive what you can do with jailbreaking, the downside is opening up your phone more opened up than android. not something i'd like to be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

You can block unknown callers in IOS7 by setting do not disturb to only alert you to calls from your known contacts. Or you can use the block caller feature to block a known contact or phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is this jailbreak ok to use? Alot of people freaking out online about the chinese store that installs in addition to cydia if your language is set to chinese

Not sure if this means a back door for them to extract any of your personal info or if its simply a piracy platform which doesnt collect your data.

So does their sorry etc mean my bank details are safe? Lol

if you cared for your bank details you wouldn't have jailbroken your phone or log into anything to do with your bank on your iPhone.

if you cared for your bank details you wouldn't have jailbroken your phone or log into anything to do with your bank on your iPhone.

Fair point! But i dont expect back doors added by the devs so they can take money from some chinese firm.

Im jailbreaking years and trust the devs usually, just tonight a few sites i am a member on seem to be up in arms over this so trying to find out if its more panic over nothing or if this jailbreak is something to steer clear of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Anyone know if we can unlock as well ? ultrasn0w etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Cheers for the heads up OP ! I hope my cydia paid apps,work on ios7

Ok.. after reading through the comments on this thread, I might just hold off for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

myIdea wrote: »
    Anyone know if we can unlock as well ? ultrasn0w etc...
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Ultrasn0w is dead in the water IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fair point! But i dont expect back doors added by the devs so they can take money from some chinese firm.

Im jailbreaking years and trust the devs usually, just tonight a few sites i am a member on seem to be up in arms over this so trying to find out if its more panic over nothing or if this jailbreak is something to steer clear of

its worrying alright..I'm gonna remove it for the moment as its really only pdanet I needed..will review later in the week..although I didnt' find taig installed on mine ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

This is a bit worrying alright. I'm on 6.0.1 on iPad4 and don't want to lose some of my paid cydia apps and especially my XBMC.

Anyone knows does XBMC work on the iOS7 jailbreak?

I'm also reading that if you don't update in the next few days that Apple may close it with iOS 7.0.5 update. Not sure what to do to be honest. Don't want to be stuck on a 6.0.x firmware as a lot of Apps won't work now such as The Room 2 etc.

Blazer wrote: »
    its worrying alright..I'm gonna remove it for the moment as its really only pdanet I needed..will review later in the week..although I didnt' find taig installed on mine ...

I think TaiG only appears if you are using the device in chinese when jailbreaking, but i dont have any idea if its still present and undetected in non chinese language devices if you get me, if they confirmed it wasnt id happily jailbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I think TaiG only appears if you are using the device in chinese when jailbreaking, but i dont have any idea if its still present and undetected in non chinese language devices if you get me, if they confirmed it wasnt id happily jailbreak.
    Pod2g said this yesterday on twitter "Something people may have missed. If you are not in China, nothing but Cydia is installed on your device" link. Hes done a lot of work for the jailbreak community and been around a long time, if he says that then id take his word on it

Simply Red wrote: »
    Pod2g said this yesterday on twitter "Something people may have missed. If you are not in China, nothing but Cydia is installed on your device" link. Hes done a lot of work for the jailbreak community and been around a long time, if he says that then id take his word on it

Thanks for that, i wanted someone with a good rep to confirm it! So much panic online and a simple statement like this would have cleared alot up!

Jailbreak time so!

Thanks for that, i wanted someone with a good rep to confirm it! So much panic online and a simple statement like this would have cleared alot up!

Jailbreak time so!

It was in the URL I posted to. It quite simply said it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

AntiRip wrote: »
    This is a bit worrying alright. I'm on 6.0.1 on iPad4 and don't want to lose some of my paid cydia apps and especially my XBMC.

Anyone knows does XBMC work on the iOS7 jailbreak?

It does.

Strangely, I've retained more working apps on my jailbroken iPhone than iPad. And they're the same apps. Can't see where the difference is (although maybe it was the previous jailbreak version - I was on a tethered jailbreak on the phone).

Advertisement