Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iOS 7 jailbreak is here

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

alastair wrote: »
    It does.

Strangely, I've retained more working apps on my jailbroken iPhone than iPad. And they're the same apps. Can't see where the difference is (although maybe it was the previous jailbreak version - I was on a tethered jailbreak on the phone).

I've actually Jailbroken and when I installed some of my Cydia apps such as xbmc they keep disappearing.

Thought it was great at first because my XBMC retained all it's settings such as file locations, addons. Now it has disappeared off the screen again although it's installed from Cydia. JB seems abit buggy I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

AntiRip wrote: »
    I've actually Jailbroken and when I installed some of my Cydia apps such as xbmc they keep disappearing.

Thought it was great at first because my XBMC retained all it's settings such as file locations, addons. Now it has disappeared off the screen again although it's installed from Cydia. JB seems abit buggy I say.

My non-functional apps just needed a re-sync in iTunes. Everything's working dandy now. Appsync for iOS 7 has appeared on a couple of sources too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Dear Jailbreak Community (part 2),

We want to address some additional concerns put forth by the community:

Privacy and Taig
    First and foremost, and of utmost concern, is privacy. No one's data was ever sent anywhere. Of course, as a member of the community whose work frees devices, it would be against everything we've worked for the last 7 years to jeopardize the security of the users of our software. To reiterate, no Taig software was installed unless the computer's language was set to Chinese. Furthermore, no Taig software would run unless the user opened the Taig application.
    After rumors abound of encrypted data being sent for users in China who've installed Taig, we decided to do what we do best - reverse engineer the code of Taig to understand what was being sent. Taig transmitted data similar to what Cydia transmits. Unique device identifiers were transmitted in encrypted form similar to how Cydia uses SSL to protect the privacy of its users. Taig did not transmit any private user data from the devices at all.

Piracy and Taig
    Our written and verbal agreement with Taig banned it. They assured us it was not in there. We did not check every package in their store but a cursory examination before release found no problems. However, after investigation and after notification from the community, we found examples, including pirated tweaks, Apple App Store apps, and even pod2g's PodDJ app. We dropped the ball on this. While we at first did not believe Taig purposefully violated our agreement, the depth of the transgression against the software developers and the jailbreak community cannot be overlooked and we could not move forward after that even if it were fixed. We terminated our relationship with them. We are very disappointed that they have decided to put up a cracked version of the jailbreak on their site that installs Taig. We did not give them any permission or source code.
    We have refused all monies from Taig
    There have been a lot of rumors listing various amounts we’ve been paid. We have received no monies from any group, including Taig. We will not be accepting any money. Our donations are being given to Public Knowledge, Electronic Frontier Foundation and Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure to help protect jailbreaking as your legal right.
    Jailbreak Updates
    We are working hard to fix the problems with the jailbreak. Unfortunately, it's the holidays and we would like to spend time with our friends and family. The events of the last couple of days have been extremely stressful for us and we need some time to recover. We will work as hard as we can to resolve any remaining issues. Thank you for your understanding.
    We worked very hard to bring this jailbreak free of charge to the community. We hope you can all enjoy it.

evad3rs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's not that the jailbreak is buggy, it's because none of the developers had a chance to update their tweaks for ios7 because they didn't know the jailbreak was coming.

It's a lot better now. Cydia has been updated since. Most of my cydia apps are working apart from adblocker 100%, and safari downloader. I'm sure they'll be updated soon. Very happy with JB so far anyway apart from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If i jailbreak now, and then Apple release an iOS 7.0.5 update and I decide to update to 7.0.5 and lose my jailbreak, do I lose my data? Or do I just lose the Cydia installed apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If i jailbreak now, and then Apple release an iOS 7.0.5 update and I decide to update to 7.0.5 and lose my jailbreak, do I lose my data? Or do I just lose the Cydia installed apps?

Just jailbreak data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will give it a bash then. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Tried it yesterday for a few hours and couldn't even get SB settings to work so I removed it and went back to stock iOS.

tallus wrote: »
    Tried it yesterday for a few hours and couldn't even get SB settings to work so I removed it and went back to stock iOS.

You were on stock iOS either way, it's not like a different ROM like Android. A lot of the cydia apps are broken at the moment but they will be updated.

TBH SBSettings isn't as important anymore because of the new swipe options from the bottom of the screen, but apps like f.lux, iCleaner, iFile, Nitrous, NoNewsIsGoodNews, Safari Download Manager, SwipeSelection and of course XBMC is a must! There's a must Music and Movie app also. I really wouldn't keep onto the iPad if it wasn't for these apps.

• Advertisement

You were on stock iOS either way, it's not like a different ROM like Android. A lot of the cydia apps are broken at the moment but they will be updated.

TBH SBSettings isn't as important anymore because of the new swipe options from the bottom of the screen, but apps like f.lux, iCleaner, iFile, Nitrous, NoNewsIsGoodNews, Safari Download Manager, SwipeSelection and of course XBMC is a must! There's a must Music and Movie app also. I really wouldn't keep onto the iPad if it wasn't for these apps.

Tried I file too and hat has not yet been updated to accommodate iOS7.

tallus wrote: »
    Tried I file too and hat has not yet been updated to accommodate iOS7.

Unfortunately not. Am missing that at the moment. Hopefully Saurik will fix Cydia tweaks very soon.

I'm in two minds about the jailbreak to be honest, because I use Skygo a lot and it didn't work after the jailbreak either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

It's unfortunate Sky Go checks if your device is jailbroken. In my family, the only person that can use Sky Go is my dad, but that's because he uses a Galaxy S3 and hasn't rooted his device. Oh well, the benefits of jailbreaking is far more important than watching TV on the go for me.

makoten wrote: »
    It's unfortunate Sky Go checks if your device is jailbroken. In my family, the only person that can use Sky Go is my dad, but that's because he uses a Galaxy S3 and hasn't rooted his device. Oh well, the benefits of jailbreaking is far more important than watching TV on the go for me.

That p1sses me right off that, which is one of the reasons I don't have sky anymore. You can use your banking app on a Jailbroken/rooted device but is not good enough for watching tv. xCon works for 4od, not sure about sky go. You could give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

There were ways around the silly BSkyB blocking on jailbroken devices, installing an older copy of the ipa and then installing a fix.

Hope there's similar for when I jailbreak my iOS 7 devices, which is a no-brainer once the Cydia and OTA update compatibility quirks are ironed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Horizon TV doesn't work with the JB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem, if my battery dies, every tweak i have installed becomes completely unresponsive and have to be reinstalled, a respring or reboot doesnt fix them. The only tweaks im using are the few that have been updated to work with ios7 so it should have nothing to do with compatibility. iphone 5 on 7.0.4
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Simply Red wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem, if my battery dies, every tweak i have installed becomes completely unresponsive and have to be reinstalled, a respring or reboot doesnt fix them. The only tweaks im using are the few that have been updated to work with ios7 so it should have nothing to do with compatibility. iphone 5 on 7.0.4
    cheers

That's probably because of the mobile substrate. Saurik hasn't released an update for it for ios7 or 64bit 5s.

If you reinstall mobile substrate in cydia it'll fix the problem temporarily, but best to just wait for the update.

Every time your battery dies, you need to reinstall Mobile Substrate. Saurik is working hard on fixing and to add support for 64-bit A7 devices (iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2) which can barely use any tweaks as most of them rely on Mobile Substrate to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Anyone else find the way cydia on IOS7 launches the app store to advertise something and pushes your cydia app to the side forcing you to reload it to get back to cydia a right PITA!

I know they rely on adverts etc for revenue but it's badly implemented on IOS7 IMHO.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Anyone else find the way cydia on IOS7 launches the app store to advertise something and pushes your cydia app to the side forcing you to reload it to get back to cydia a right PITA!

I know they rely on adverts etc for revenue but it's badly implemented on IOS7 IMHO.

It has never done this for me. Maybe Adblocker may help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

That's probably because of the mobile substrate. Saurik hasn't released an update for it for ios7 or 64bit 5s.

Mobile Substrate update now released for anyone who has jailbroken on IOS7, just launch cydia, click on changes then upgrade.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Mobile Substrate update now released for anyone who has jailbroken on IOS7, just launch cydia, click on changes then upgrade.

Be careful though. I upgraded yesterday and all my non cydia apps would crash on start up. If it does this for you restart your device with volume up pressed to disable Mobile Substrate again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone found out how to get the skygo app working yet?

There's no way to get Sky Go working. There used to be a tweak called xCon that patches apps with jailbreak detection so they don't know a device is jailbroken but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Do they really think people are going to record poor quality streams on their app?

I don't really care at this point. Good thing all other apps I use don't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

makoten wrote: »
    There's no way to get Sky Go working. There used to be a tweak called xCon that patches apps with jailbreak detection so they don't know a device is jailbroken but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Do they really think people are going to record poor quality streams on their app?

I don't really care at this point. Good thing all other apps I use don't do that.
    I'd imagine they block jail broken devices to stop you mirroring it to a tv.

Advertisement