Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home on done deal

Options
  • 22-12-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently bought a mobile home on done deal I handed over €2200 of borrowed money for a 36 x 12 foot 2 bed although it looks nice inside fully equipped with radiators for oil I had planned to live in it with my son for a while as I cant really afford to rent long term and I am on the council waiting list for accommodation however when it arrived to my parents garden where I plan to stay for the time being we realized that the chasis is all twisted and are now facing the fact that it may never be able to be jacked up thus rendering it useless and never be habitable. Is there anything I can do about being sold a faulty mobile or do I just take this as a life lesson? :confused::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Was it sold with any guarantee or statement of condition? Not sure what comback you might have now.
    Unless it is really bad underneath some wood braces and some small welding in of supports put in might fix it reasonably enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Did you physically looked at it in person with friend/family member to give you support and back you up as witness if anything went wrong.
    And if it wasn't damaged when you saw it, then it must have got damaged between the time you saw it and it arrived.
    Demand they take it back and refund you asap.
    Hope you have a witness and a copy of the ad with pics.
    Im concerned that you only look at pics and bought it there and then from the wording you say:
    [HTML]it looks nice inside fully equipped with radiators for oil [/HTML]
    Hope not. Please check ad if there is no mention of damage then its on them for not telling you. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HappyMama21

I checked almost every inch of it and it seemed sturdy enough I had my dad with me and he thoroughly checked over everything we couldn't access the under body on the day as the seller had decked it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Consumer Issues.

Did you buy the motorhome as a private sale, i.e. from a private individual, not a business.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Its a common fault with old Mobile Homes and a buyer beware situation.

Our old Mobile Home is in the same state and I plan to put in a wooden frame supported on brick piers on a strip concrete foundation down either side of it.

If it arrived then you can probably support it on two planks on concrete blocks at either end where the jacking points are. Then once its level add additional planks on piles of concrete blocks as necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement