Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe I'll do it right this time..

Options
  • 22-12-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

So basically I've been lazy over the past few months. I fell back into my old college lifestyle of having too much fun and eating badly. But been injured for the end of last year really annoyed me because I wanted to train and keep improving the way I had been. I got a gate analysis done and got insoles fitted at the end of last year and found that I had high arches (which was the opposite of what I had been told before) but still my legs and feet don't feel 100% and I'm starting to think is my 6ft 4 frame not capable of doing the running training that is needed to do a good Sprint triathlon. But I've decided to give it another go this year, too much gear and time would be wasted if I didn't.

So I'm going to change a few things.

I'm not going to do what I did last year and kill myself on every training session. I know for a fact this does not work and is crazy. It increases injury and burns you out so instead I'm going to go by "less equals more". High intensity workouts will happen but not as often as I would probably like.

I'm going to eat less. I eat well but I don't eat continuously throughout the day. I tend to eat later on in the day and night more. I also eat to many carbs. This will all change. Alcohol?

Sleep. Get one more hour sleep as they say. This is quite hard as I like staying up. I'll give it a go.

So the plan is to start tomorrow. Probably a bad time to start due to gyms been closed and Christmas around the corner but I'll definitely be on my way by December the 27th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Monday 6th January 2014

Swim: 5 x 100 and 3 x 50
    Bike: 24 mins including warm up and cool down
    Weights 4x4x6

Tuesday 7th January 2014

Run: 2 x 1500m
    Weights: 6x6x6 and core x2

Wednesday 8th January 2014

Day off.

Thursday 9th January 2014

Swim: 5 x 100 and 3 x 50
    Bike: 1k 100%, 750m 100%, 500m 100% with rest between.
    Weights: 4x4x6

Friday 10th January 2014

Run: 5 x 60m sprints with 200m recovery
    Weights 8x8x6 and core x2

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Do 20% of your training hard and 80% easy. You're right, doing only hard sessions just breaks you cos you don't recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Saturday 11th January 2014

Swim: 2x200m, 2x100 and 3x50

Sunday 12th January 2014

Run: ~3k, Pulled a muscle in my bad and took the rest of the week of for a full recovery.

Monday 13th January 2014

Nothing

Tuesday 14th January 2014

Nothing

Wednesday 15th January 2014

Nothing

Thursday 16th January 2014

Nothing

Friday 17th January 2014

Nothing

Saturday 18th January 2014

Nothing