Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit Card skimmed

Options
  • 22-12-2013 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Seems I was victim to Visa Debit card fraud this week, got a call late Monday evening from the BOI fraud team who were very much on the ball (someone tried to do an ATM withdrawal in Los Angeles for $200 which was definitely not me).

Anyway, the money was taken from my BOI account but credited again within a few days. Also received a replacement Visa Debit by Friday morning, which is incredibly impressive as I thought I'd be left waiting until the new year without a card. 

10/10 tbh.

In a time when it's a fashionable trend to hurl abuse at banks, I think a few words of praise wouldn't go astray. Credit where it's due (no pun intended!).

Apparently, there were a ton of cards done in the last fortnight, impossible to retrace steps going back months but will definitely make me very wary of future card transactions. Sad that we have to resort to carrying around cash for day to day transactions but better safe than sorry.....or "once bitten, twice shy" as the saying goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Svaman, 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

We're glad to hear the Visa Debit Card Security Team resolved the issue quickly.
    We will pass your compliment to the team. 

Thanks again.

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I had an incident recently at an ATM machine in Puerto Bantus Marbella where I believe my pin nr and debit card were interfered with. My card was not returned, so I reported to bank with in about 10 mins and card was blocked, however with in that 10 mins , 390 e was taken from my account , when I contacted visa security they were not very sympathetic indicating that someway I was responsible that I someway compromised my pin nr, it was all my fault and it's possible I won't be reimbursed
    Can this be possible?
    A decision is be made with in 20 working days by some faceless people
    Anyone have a similar problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Have to say that I had a good experience with BOI credit cards as well about 6 years ago. Rang me at work, 500 debited at 23:55 and another 500 debited at 00:15(2 days max over 30 mins). Money was credited back within a week with no issues. Still no idea how it was done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

I had an incident recently at an ATM machine in Puerto Bantus Marbella where I believe my pin nr and debit card were interfered with. My card was not returned, so I reported to bank with in about 10 mins and card was blocked, however with in that 10 mins , 390 e was taken from my account , when I contacted visa security they were not very sympathetic indicating that someway I was responsible that I someway compromised my pin nr, it was all my fault and it's possible I won't be reimbursed
    Can this be possible?
    A decision is be made with in 20 working days by some faceless people
    Anyone have a similar problem
    Hi Robert, 

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We’re sorry to hear about the debit on your account. 

We don’t have access to fraud investigations at this department so would not know the details of your case. The Visa Debit Card Security Team are thorough and will come back to you as soon as they have an update. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement