Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann station is a disgrace

Options
  • 22-12-2013 4:13pm

So I have made the trek home for Christmas, which has unfortunately meant I have to use Bus Eireann.

They have finished whatever refurbishments there were, with slightly bigger pavements and actual stops. However it is now worse!

There is absolutely no timetable information about buses now, with a terminal that accesses the journey planner, with an interface that is ridiculous to use. There was nobody walking around that I could ask for information and the display on the stops is barely readable now. If their information counters are closed, then you're essentially left stuck.

Trust a shambolic institution like Bus Eireann to invest an obviously considerable amount on refurbishments, only to make it much less helpful. The sooner the likes of Citylink and GoBus start having more regional routes the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

And no one to ask assistance from, when they were doing the renovations the stops were better serviced by being in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Good point - I never even thought to check out the facilities inside the station post-renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

go-bus is the best bus service i ever encountered in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I had to buy another ticket on Christmas Eve because the driver wouldn't accept the copy of it that I had on my phone. I explained to him that my printer was fcuked so that's why I didn't have a paper copy but he was having none of it. Used to Citylink and Gobus accepting tickets this way so I just assumed it'd be ok. They really need to get with the times. It's a shame Citylink and Gobus don't provide a nationwide service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I had to buy another ticket on Christmas Eve because the driver wouldn't accept the copy of it that I had on my phone. I explained to him that my printer was fcuked so that's why I didn't have a paper copy but he was having none of it. Used to Citylink and Gobus accepting tickets this way so I just assumed it'd be ok. They really need to get with the times. It's a shame Citylink and Gobus don't provide a nationwide service.

Is it in their Terms & conditions to print the ticket? If not i would send copies of the tickets to BE and demand a refund for the duplicate ticket.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Is it in their Terms & conditions to print the ticket?

Pretty sure it is.

They're still catching up with the late 20th century ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

That is fukcing ridiculous. It is blatant proof that you paid for the ticket. What is their problem? :mad:

Can't bloody stand it when a company's refusal to get with the times results in the customer being left out of pocket.

Ignorant f*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Something similar happened me a while back. I actually had the ticket printed but since it was the non-stop Limerick bus I was taking, the lazy feckers decided not to put in a ticket machine on the bus (to redeem the printed ticket) so the driver made me go in and buy another ticket. :mad:

The new station is actually all right. Looks somewhat semi-modern...

It said on the confirmation email alright that you should have a printed copy so it was my own fault for chancing it. I also noticed that the driver didn't have a list of people who had booked...so if the bus was full when I got there with people who hadn't booked what happens then? :confused: Luckily enough, I won't have to travel with them again any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

It said on the confirmation email alright that you should have a printed copy so it was my own fault for chancing it. I also noticed that the driver didn't have a list of people who had booked...so if the bus was full when I got there with people who hadn't booked what happens then? :confused: Luckily enough, I won't have to travel with them again any time soon.

So basically, it's entirely and completely and unambiguously your own fault. An apology to Bus Eireann is probably in order here, you'd have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    So basically, it's entirely and completely and unambiguously your own fault. An apology to Bus Eireann is probably in order here, you'd have to say.

Do you work for BE :rolleyes: You want him to apologise because BE robbed him of an duplicate fare because their drivers and systems are still in the dark ages. Citylink and gobus accept electronic tickets, shame they don't cover more services.

Cleahaigh wrote: »

I already said it was my own fault, that's not the issue. The issue is that they haven't moved with the times and embraced new practices which other companies are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I use Bus Eireann around the West, including to and from Galway,

Drivers are good, helpful and efficient. Many times I have seen them leave their seats to help elderly people.

The improvements at Galway Bus are fine imho
    The buses have improved greatly over the years.

And no, I do not work for BE or CIE

I sometimes access the Bus Eireann website on my phone. It makes me laugh when you can buy tickets online, but you still need a printer to print them off. What is the point in developing a mobile friendly site if I ultimately need a laptop/desktop/other to print it off?

Making someone pay for a ticket because they don't have the paper one is ridiculous, especially considering the only thing they require is the number along the top. You can read it out to them from your phone.

What is the point in developing a mobile friendly site if I ultimately need a laptop/desktop/other to print it off?

BE aren't alone in this. Some printer companies now make boxes for their printers that allow them to make printouts from mobile devices without using a desktop etc.

Advertisement