Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the grass greener on the other side?

Options
  • 22-12-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

No.....It Isn't.
    I am sick of queuing to use the ATM then having to queue to use the lodge machine.
    If the ATMs aren't working, like the other day I have to queue to use the Human ATM at the counter that BOI seem to think is much better so they charge me more to use...But this Person can't accept 
    Lodgements to credit cards even tho they charge twice as much.

So I have to go back out and queue for the lodge ATM which will not let me pay off the exact amount on my 
    Credit card so I have to put more or less I am told by one of the nice ladies standing around smiling at the 
    People (instead of going and opening up another window to ease the queue)
    as they walk in to queue for broken machines.

So I get my fee report which has now trebled in the few months iv'e been a customer.
    Fees went from 11.40 to 16.40 with 5euro maintenance to 20cent per transaction and more if you want
    God Forbid an Actual human to help (shame on me how dare I)

Good Riddance.
    I'm moving again and taking my wife and daughter with me 
    Rant over..

Happy Xmas :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi XsApollo,

Thanks for taking the time to get in contact with us.

Our branch staff aims to serve all our customers as efficiently and best they can. However, I understand in this situation due to issues with ATMs and lenghtily queues, we were unable to reach your expectations. A staff member will always be present on the floor to guide and assist customers with their banking needs.

The lodgement machines do not accept coin which is why you can not pay the exact amount on your Credit Card. However, if you have a Bank of Ireland bank account, you can register for Bank of Ireland 365 Online. This service will give you 24 hour access to your bank account and Credit card, you can pay your credit at your own convenience without having to travel to the branch.

There is no extra charge for withdrawing cash over the counter. For further information on all the fees and charges and how to reduce them, please see here.

Once again, we are sorry that we have not met your expectations in this incidence. We hope that you reconsider closing your account. We appreciate your feedback on our services and have forwarded this to the relevant area.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

There is an extra charge for using the teller at the counter.
    It's twice as much as using the ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi XsApollo,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies, you are correct. There is an additional charge for staff assistance transactions in a branch. However as the self service options were unavailable to you on this day, we would suggest that you speak to your branch regarding this extra fee. Regrettably, we can not review this for you here as we do not have account access.

If we can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

Advertisement