Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to dump old electrical goods in Waterford?

Options
  • 22-12-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭

Well lads, Im looking for a place where I can safely dump old laptops, printers etc that have been gathering dust. I seem to recall a place in Tramore that did it but that was a good few years ago. Anyone here know a place where I could dump these items and would they be open over Christmas? Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Back of Templars Hall takes them. Its the dump beside the old cash and carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Great thanks Sully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That would be the Corpo recycling centre I take it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    That would be the Corpo recycling centre I take it?

Assume so. That's where I have always went anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

could you give them to a charity shop if they are still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The Greenstar Civic Recycling Centre at Six Cross Roads also take electrical stuff.

Thanks for the advice guys. Sadly its beyond repair so charity shops would not be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Just make sure that you delete all data from your hard drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd remove the drive and take an axe to it!

kaef wrote: »
    Just make sure that you delete all data from your hard drives.

I have no idea where those pics of sheep came from, honest....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

corpo usually have a truck up in tesco ardkeen carpark after christmas.

^ Cheers for that I didnt realise there were so many places to dump them. I went to Tramore few yrs ago to get rid of some stuff but your aul man there was a saucy pr!ck so I wouldnt go back.

Advertisement