Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Applications

• 22-12-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

how tough is Computer Applications? Is it incredibly math's based?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

there is lots and lots of threads already that will answer your questions:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=471&query=computer+applications

The course can be tough and does require you to put the work in (can't imagine why anyone would think otherwise for a level 8 science course) but it is extremely worthwhile and CA graduates have a very high employability.

It is not "incredibly" maths based in my opinion, you should be fine if you did well in ordinary leaving cert maths or had a decent grasp of higher level. There is a lot of support for those struggling with the maths but really the same as above applies here, you'll be fine if you put the work in. The maths modules are mostly there to enhance your logical thinking for programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scwoogle

Thanks for the reply. I've had my doubts about it because of a friend doing it, and he hates it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 neverstrangers

Has anyone ever transferred to 2nd year for this course? Cause I'm planning to do it for the next year and kind of having doubts whether they would make me do 1st year again :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Has anyone ever transferred to 2nd year for this course? Cause I'm planning to do it for the next year and kind of having doubts whether they would make me do 1st year again :S

What course are you doing now? It probably depends. if you are doing anything similar and are getting good grades I don't see why you wouldn't be put into 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jamezzyboyoo

I'm in first year CA atm, so if you do move, you'll be in with me! It depends on the course you are doing! Because in second year, we will build on the modules we are currently studying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement