Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used a dollar sign on my wpa2 passkey. Now can't connect

Options
  • 22-12-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭

This was on my zyxel f1000 router. The dollar sign changed into a percentage sign and something else. Any idea what it could be? Must not be able to use special characters although I could do on my belkin which is why I thought it would be ok. Can't use a wired connection at the moment to fix it with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

briany wrote: »
    This was on my zyxel f1000 router. The dollar sign changed into a percentage sign and something else. Any idea what it could be? Must not be able to use special characters although I could do on my belkin which is why I thought it would be ok. Can't use a wired connection at the moment to fix it with.

Was it definitely a percentage?
    & #36;

with the space removed translates to a $. (Including on boards which is why I've had to use a workaround just to get it displayed in this post)
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_ascii.asp

Might also try %24

• Registered Users Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭briany

ressem wrote: »
    Was it definitely a percentage?
    & #36;

with the space removed translates to a $. (Including on boards which is why I've had to use a workaround just to get it displayed in this post)
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_ascii.asp

Might also try %24

I love you :P. Yeah, the %24 worked. Thank you, it really helped me avoid the situation of having to explain to angry family members why their Internet wasn't working. I knew it was %something but what the f1000 interpreted it as only flashed up for a quarter of a second as the page was reloading and it didn't have time to register with me. Anyway, thanks again and happy Christmas and whatnot :).

Advertisement