Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media box R loading

• 22-12-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭

Came home to turn on my upc mediabox. Box tried to load 3 times, then came up R loading and the percentage loaded. Hits 50% cuts off. Rang UPC, no joy, going to try get somebody out over the next 2 days but no guarantee. Anybody here had this problem before ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Upc going to try come out monday or xmas eve. If not its going to be the 27th. If anyone can help or has solutions please post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭sue97

no but in the same boat. Sorry I ever upgraded in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Sounds like its stuck in a software update loop or the hard drive is knackered.

Never tried this but worth a try....cant make it any worse.

(i) Pull out the power cable from the back of the box (or power it off at the mains - whatever is easiest).
    (ii) With power off, press the left and right arrow keys on the front of the box, and keep them held down.
    (iii) Plug the power back in, keeping the arrows keys pressed until the box 'boots'.

If a software update is available, it will download and install it. If there's not, the box will just boot as normal. By the way, you can release the arrow keys once the update starts.

Also see this procedure posted so worth a try as well

1. Turn the box off using the power button at the back of the mediabox.

2. Holding down the REC, VOL+ and CH- buttons at the front of the box, turn on the box.

3. Wait till the message "Clear" is displayed then let go the 3 buttons

4. Wait till "Set" and then "Done" are displayed on the LCD panel of the mediabox.

5. Press the front POWER button to make it reboot.

6. The LCD display changes from "done" to "reset", then the message "LOAD" is displayed - the new software will load itself.

7. The LCD display changes from "Load" to "R Scanning", then "R Loading" and finally "R Saving".

8. The mediabox reboots (about 1 minute when the TV screen remains black and the messages "Reset and "Load ->->->" may be displayed).

9. After the waiting period, "Init" is displayed on the LCD panel and you can proceed with the standard setup of the box as when you first got it.

Oh, and the box does display to HDMI on boot by default, you don't need SCART.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Happened me, the only fix was a new box

• Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

UPC called around this morning,had a late spot available, gladly took it, new box in within 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm having this problem now

Advertisement