Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre to airport

Options
  • 22-12-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Have to be at the airport by 6pm tomorrow and wondering whats the best option. Normally it's an early morning flight that I get which is a 15 min/20 quid trip. With rush hour traffic/additional airport traffic/christmas shoppers I'm thinking it could be a disaster tomorrow. If we're going to be in traffic for an hour or more probably better off, i.e. Cheaper, in the air coach. For anyone that travels the route at rush hour, what's it going to be like tomorrow evening in a taxi? Any decent bus lanes along the way to help out? Will be heading from oconnell bridge area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Port Tunnel is the obvious answer but it will cost €10 on top of the fare. You will make the airport from O Connell Bridge in 20 minutes, 30 absolute max. Going via Dorset St should take no more than 30 minutes in a taxi using bus lanes. That's assuming really heavy traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Air coach 40mins .747 Dublin bus sometimes uses tunnel ask Dublin bus.Cant see why traffic would be that bad anyway .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

747 always uses the tunnel. Once it gets down the quays it flies (a-ha) out to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If I were you I'd get the Luas to the Point and then wait there, you can get either an Aircoach (Greystones or Killiney) or a Dublin Bus 747, both travel through the tunnel.

Sometimes the buses can get caught in traffic along the quays.

From the point you should be in Terminal 2 in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

veetwin wrote: »
    Port Tunnel is the obvious answer but it will cost €10 on top of the fare. You will make the airport from O Connell Bridge in 20 minutes, 30 absolute max. Going via Dorset St should take no more than 30 minutes in a taxi using bus lanes. That's assuming really heavy traffic

Spot on. Took 25 minutes via Dorset st. Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Just fyi...

Only one of the aircoach routes (the Dalkey & Killiney one) now operate at The O2. I found this out on Friday when flying. There is a sign on the bus stop saying that Greystones service no longer goes past so its an hourly service now - 35 past the hour every hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The Greystones service serves the entrance to the multi-storey car park which is on Upper Sheriff Street.

Either way - better to wait at the O2 as you have the 747 there as well.

Advertisement