Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Blocked

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I live in the Uk but still have my Irish account with ulster bank which I use often especially when I am back visiting. Today when I was shopping I went to pay for something and my card was declined found this odd as I have money in my account. Went to atm and it said my card was not active, logged on to internet banking and it looks like my account has gone.

Any ideas why this would happen? going to call ulster bank in the morning.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

UB deactivates accounts if there has not been any activity on them for some time. They send you a letter before hand asking you to indicate that you wish to keep the account active, otherwise they deactivate it after a certain period. At least that is how it happens with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This post has been deleted.

Yes! I got the letter, forgot to respond..... It took a couple of weeks to sort out 'cause it was all snail mail.

Advertisement