Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&s refund/buying online

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Long story here.....

I made an order on m&s online and went into town to collect it yest. When I got there I was told the order hadnt come in and they weren't sure what had happened. While I was being told this I got a phone call from m&s in the uk to day the order had gone missing and it might come in a few days but they had no idea where it was. They told me to give my contact details to the store and they'd call me if it came in. In the meantime m&s would issue me a refund and I could pay for my order if/when it came in. They were v apologetic etc....

So, as I'm leaving the shop I get a call from the store to say my order had just arrived. At the same time, I had 3 missed calls from m&s uk but u didn't bother answering as I guessed they were ringing me to tell me what id just heard. Anyway yest evening I checked my emd and I got a mail from m&s to confirm I got a refund. Basically the refund was issued exactly when the order came in. Totally crossed wires on their part. I now have my order so I'm wondering can they charge it sll to my card again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

I'm assuming that when you got the call that your order arrived you went and picked it up??
    If that's the case surely they deserve payment.?
    Had you left the store and had to return at a different time to pick it up Id understand a discount for the inconvenience but in this day and age with businesses having to close branches (m&s for one) I wouldn't see a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm assuming that when you got the call that your order arrived you went and picked it up??
    If that's the case surely they deserve payment.?
    Had you left the store and had to return at a different time to pick it up Id understand a discount for the inconvenience but in this day and age with businesses having to close branches (m&s for one) I wouldn't see a problem.

Thank you... However.....

I didn't say I had a problem nor did I ask for the morally correct answer. I asked if m&s could recharge this to my card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Yes they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thank you... However.....

I didn't say I had a problem nor did I ask for the morally correct answer. I asked if m&s could recharge this to my card.

You should do the honest thing, and patiently wait for them to charge your card, they are very busy this time of year and it might take them a little while to charge you again.

This happened me before (with another company) and I am still waiting for them to charge the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You should do the honest thing, and patiently wait for them to charge your card, they are very busy this time of year and it might take them a little while to charge you again.

This happened me before (with another company) and I am still waiting for them to charge the card.

Let's be fair here. The OP did not at any time suggest not paying nor delaying payment. He just wanted to know if M&S could charge his card. His honesty was not in question at all.

Yes, they can certainly recharge it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Out of curiosity, how did you think I was going to be dishonest? I simply wanted to know if m&s could recharge my card without my authorisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the company can void the refund, so you are back where you were, charged but the company didn't have to do a 'customer not present ' transaction.

Advertisement