Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here a vet?

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

anyone here a vet?
    ive a cat, shes not in too much distress, but shes limping..
    cant see any visable signs of injury, just lookin for opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Post in the animals forum. Its not only Waterford cats that limp.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

true, but if someone here is a vet i could head over to them or they come here..
    could do without the smart comments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

Hi there, give CityVets a bell first thing and bring her in - cats have a high pain threshold so she may have done more damage than is evident. It's possible she landed badly or something and may have a break or torn ligaments. On the other hand, hopefully she just has a thorn in her paw but she needs to be checked. If her condition worsens over Christmas it'll be more hassle to get her seen. Try and contain her in one room for the night so she can't do too much leaping about. Good luck, hope it's nothing serious.

thanks much!
    gunna bring her to the vet tomorrow, have a hot water bottle up beside her, shes not too keen on anyone near her leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

We had a problem with our kitten last week she was limping. Was going to bring her to vet but after about a day or two she was flying around again so might be a strain just keep an eye out. I'd recommend the pet hospital if you do need to bring your cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

+1 for The Pet Hospital down next to Three Shippes Pub

She'll be delighted with her hot water bottle - great to see someone care properly for their pet! Let us know how you get on. Have heard great things about Tadhg too but love CityVets myself so either will do the job nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

always happens with cats and dogs, they strain their leg or paw...after a day or two they start running around like normal again, most animals are much much tougher than humans. if she doesnt start hoping around again in a day or two get her checked out

all is ok, the next day she was fully recovered!
    Not a limp or anything, so possibly got a bit of a kick or she cramped up or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

0rt wrote: »
    all is ok, the next day she was fully recovered!
    Not a limp or anything, so possibly got a bit of a kick or she cramped up or something.

She probably has a doppelganger that shows itself now and again, cats are very strange independent callous beings, I'd say like women only the wife reads my posts.be careful around cats they know more than you know.

• Advertisement

Wise words there Wellboytoo ;-) Great news 0rt, glad she's ok. Happy Christmas!

Advertisement