Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathalio11's Leaving Cert Study Log

Options
  • 22-12-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

My name is Cathal Brennan. I tried a study log before but I did lose interest despite it giving a nice boost for one or two weeks. Every little helps, I guess.

These are the subject I do:

English
    Irish (O)
    Maths
    French
    Economics
    Accounting
    Physics
    Applied Maths

My aim in the Leaving Cert is to get at least 570 points which will be quite difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Intro: The Mocks are coming up so I will be trying to cover all of the courses in each of my subjects between now and the first week of February. A huge ask but maybe an hour or two on Christmas day will spark some commitment.
    Plan for 23rd of December

Physics: I'll be starting with Physics and I hope to revise Chapter 29 (The Electron) and Chapter 4 (Reflection). This could take a while but I think it helps psychologically to get a tricky and an easy chapter done together.

Economics: This will be next. I plan on fully revising Perfect Competition and then Population. I hope this doesn't take too long as I began the two a few days ago.

Accounting: I'm a bit worried that I'll get big-headed about Accounting and ignore it because of how well it is going for me. So I'll be planning on spending a few hours on Service Firms.

Additional, if there is time:

French: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 in my Oral revision book and Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 in my Grammar revision book. May spend a fixed half an hour on the Diary Entry.

Maths: All of Trigonometry 1 + half of Sequences & Series.

I'll review all of this tomorrow night!

Review of 23rd December

Physics: Completed most of the Physics that I set out to do. Did most of Refraction but I'll leave the rest to do the next day. The Electron is complete. It's 2:30 now so I'm a bit behind schedule but going to move onto Economics.

Intro: Well the 23rd-27th of December didn't go too well but we'll be back to normal now. Going to go a bit more simple now with the plan.
    Plan For 28th December

Physics: Refraction.

Economics: Population.

Accounting: Debtors Control Account.

Maths: Trigonometry 1 and Complex Numbers.

Intro: Ignore any plan above this post. It has all gone balls up so far but it won't tomorrow (I hope).

Plan For 31st December

Before 09:00

French: Chapters 1 and 2 in my Oral Book and Chapters 1 and 2 in my Grammar book. I also want to start on the Diary Entry. I should be naturally up at 6 so I might just give any study time between then and 9 to French alone.

09:00-12:00

Physics: Chapter 5 on Lenses. I will do as much as I can in 45 minutes, no longer.

Economics: Population. I plan on doing as much I can in 1 hour, no more.

12:00-16:00

Maths: I will spend 1 hour on Trigonometry 1, and then 1 hour on Complex Numbers. I think it's important to start doing topics from opposite ends of the course together.

Economics: I will complete Population and move on to Imperfect Competition as well.

16:00-21:00

Applied Maths: This will make me angry for the night but that's fine. Integration and Impacts + Collisions will be studied. The vast amount of the time will be leaning towards Integration.

Accounting: Control Accounts are almost definitely coming up in the Mocks and Leaving Cert. Will give 1 hour exactly on them tonight.

Overall, that seems like a good amount to do so now all that is left is to actually do it. Am proper motivated but sure it's the night before.

Advertisement