Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The recent rough weather

• 22-12-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

We haven't really been affected by it, just rain and some wind. Anyone here agree?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We haven't been as affected as other places or like we have in the past, but there was a very bad accident in Crusheen the other day so I don't know if I'd be saying we got off scot free, I'd also say that the flood defences in Ennis seem to be doing their job so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lot of people without electricity yesterday apparently . Thunder broke my router so I've suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uuPi

Same here, router damage, can limp along on a 10 kb/s WiFi connection, two of my customers got their routers fried as well...but, compared to other regions relatively small damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

branie wrote: »
    We haven't really been affected by it, just rain and some wind. Anyone here agree?

Don't speak too soon, its far from over yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Just got a text weather alert of stormy conditions of up to 130/KMs/hr

be careful out there stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

My electricity hasn't been knocked out yet, thankfully

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Was lightening the night before last, thankfully still have broadband working fine. Was awful windy the last few nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Jhcx wrote: »
    Lot of people without electricity yesterday apparently . Thunder broke my router so I've suffered.

Same here, router got fried

Clareman wrote: »
    We haven't been as affected as other places or like we have in the past, but there was a very bad accident in Crusheen the other day so I don't know if I'd be saying we got off scot free, I'd also say that the flood defences in Ennis seem to be doing their job so far

Drove the M18 early thursday morning before the road was closed, it was lethal, could only crawl at 30kph. I heard something like 7 crashes on the section just north of the Crusheen exit.

jomoloney wrote: »

Is it on the coast?

• Advertisement

glineli wrote: »
    Same here, router got fried

That happened me before. Got a surge protector for both the phone line and socket, very important to have especially if you have your phone line coming in by the pole.

Got this email from the Clare CC. Thought I'd copy it here.
    23rd December 2013: Clare County Council, is asking road users to be extremely careful while using the roads tonight, as Met Éireann has issued a preliminary warning that a vigorous Atlantic storm depression is forecast to pass just to the northwest of Ireland overnight.

Met Éireann has issued a level orange alert to begin from midnight, Monday, until 4pm tomorrow, Christmas Eve. According to Met Éireann, the exact track is still not certain, but it is likely to bring some severe winds in over the country for late Monday night and for a time on Tuesday. Blustery southwest winds are expected to gust to between 100 km/h and 130 km/h. The highest gusts, at this stage, are expected in western and northern coastal counties. High Seas are expected also.

The outlook remains changeable over the next several days with further wintry showers, sharp frost and icy patches forecast early in the week. Present indications show that severe and possibly damaging winds are forecast later in the week with a risk of spot flooding in parts of the country.

http://www.clarecoco.ie/roads-and-transport/news/road-safety-alert-update-stormy-conditions.html

M18 closed again this morning following an accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Looks like we are in for a storm again this evening!
    I am clued to the weather thread all morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

maiden wrote: »
    Looks like we are in for a storm again this evening!
    I am clued to the weather thread all morning

Status red for Clare according to Met Eireann :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Have warning on my phone in red high winds from 3.01pm till 10.59pm
    That's clarecastle region.

It might not happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

It might not happen

They seem fairly confident on the weather forum it will for different areas, saying to people travel now if you can in the next few hours, do not leave it til tomorrow!

It might not happen

Something will surely happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

dmc17 wrote: »
    Something will surely happen

Power is off in balycasey/hurlers cross area of Shannon

• Advertisement

Carron, Lisdoonvarna, Kilfenora seem to be out. Ennistymon is not though. Looks like its affected different parts of the county.

ESB Networks will have some work tomorrow by the looks of it.

Just back from Lahinch. It was fresh enough out there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Quin to Ennis main road is impassible due to a fallen tree around Gorteen Pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sixmilebridge was out last night and returned about at about 12 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Did it go somewhere nice? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jomoloney wrote: »

Wow, 130 kilometer miles a second an hour! That's pretty bad! :p

Yes, we see loads of blue flashing lights on the Crusheen to Gort motorway all the time, people seem to see rain and decide to crash straight into the barrier.
    Internet damage here as well, I'm connected to a wireless network and an antenna near Spancilhill seems to have been blown into the Atlantic.
    Using the phone as a wifi hotspot at the moment, not as bad as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Out all night...hussy...

Advertisement