Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauce for black pudding starter

Options
  • 23-12-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey guys :)
    For starter for christmas dinner i'm cooking a black pudding and apple filo tarlet. I tried it last night, it was lovely but felt it needed a sauce. Would you have any ideas for a suitable sauce to serve with the tartlets??

Thanks in advance :D
    Happy christmas 🎄🎄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Honey/mustard/cider vinegar dressing? Should tie together all the flavours. Or maybe that's just the very obvious answer, that's what I'd do anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

A nice thick apple sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mooner

Not sure how it would work with the apple, but I've had something similar with a rich red onion marmalade - was tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Beetroot chutney works really well with black pudding if you can find it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

mooner wrote: »
    Not sure how it would work with the apple, but I've had something similar with a rich red onion marmalade - was tasty.

I was trying to think of the above too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 iang198

Thanks for all your replies! Someone suggested a simple balsamic reduction to me, do you think this would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

iang198 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies! Someone suggested a simple balsamic reduction to me, do you think this would work?

It might yeah. You can buy a balsamic syrup in lidl.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement