Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight Mass/ Christmas events in Dublin city

Options
  • 23-12-2013 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I've some friends visiting me from abroad and want to show them some things in Dublin around Christmas and thought evening Xmas Eve Mass at St. Mary's Pro-Cathedral might be interesting. There's a carol service starting at 21.30 there so I'm wondering is there a need to get there very early to make sure we get seats?

I'm doing research on what's on in the city but if anyone here know any good and less well known activities/ events, let me know!

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My mother used to attend a lot of the masses/services that were on at the Pro Cathedral in the run up to Xmas. Don't think that she went to the Xmas Eve ones in particular, but she always planned on being there at least 1/2 an hour before the event started to be guaranteed a seat. Even then, she usually only got one of the last available ones at the back. If you want to get a decent seat up front, I'd say you'd have to be there at least an hour early, especially if it is Xmas Eve. There is a great atmosphere and usually the organist plays before the main event kicks off and that sounds very spectacular in the big, open space, so you won't be bored waiting.

Advertisement