Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i become a Mature Student in UK?

• 23-12-2013 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi im a 20 year old male, going on 21 in a few months and i am wondering if an Irish citizen can become a mature student in the UK?
    The age of becoming a mature student in the UK is 21 ,whereas it is 23 in Ireland.
    I feel as if i am ready to go into further education asap, rather than waiting another 2 and half years until i'm 23.
    The reasons i want to become a mature student is because i did not complete my secondary education and did not do my Leaving Cert.
    The reasons why i did not finish school is because i was going through a lot of family and personal issues at the time, i suffered from Depression at the time and i was not happy in any of the schools that i went to, and at the time i had so much issues in my life, i just couldn't handle going to a place that made me even more unhappy.
    But now at this stage of my life i am quite stable and i am a lot more happier now than i have been for years, and i feel am now ready to start my life.

Advertisement