Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RST Stunt leather Jacket

• 23-12-2013 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone on got the stunt leather Jacket or jeans? If so how would you rate them.

It's this perticular model I'm interested in as I my brother has the Slice leathers.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Big-Mac wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone on got the stunt leather Jacket or jeans? If so how would you rate them.

It's this perticular model I'm interested in as I my brother has the Slice leathers.

Cheers.

Got them over a year ago and I find them great. The jacket is not going to be as warm as the slice version, however, I have the wise base layer which keeps me warm. The Jeans aren't as cold as the jacket but again a base layer is a good idea for colder mornings.
    I went for the white jacket and black jeans.
    Stunt_Jkt_001.jpg
    Stunt.jpg

The new versions of the jeans have the ankle zips on the outside and not inside as shown in the pictures. Don't expect to get the jeans over the boots as they are not wide enough at the bottom, you have to have them inside boots, although if the boots are not bulky at the top you might be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big-Mac

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Got them over a year ago and I find them great. The jacket is not going to be as warm as the slice version, however, I have the wise base layer which keeps me warm. The Jeans aren't as cold as the jacket but again a base layer is a good idea for colder mornings.
    I went for the white jacket and black jeans.
    Stunt_Jkt_001.jpg
    Stunt.jpg

The new versions of the jeans have the ankle zips on the outside and not inside as shown in the pictures. Don't expect to get the jeans over the boots as they are not wide enough at the bottom, you have to have them inside boots, although if the boots are not bulky at the top you might be able to.

That's great thanks for that. Did you find the leather to be a lower quality then the slice, as in not as soft? Also did it break in/strech any?

That's great thanks for that. Did you find the leather to be a lower quality then the slice, as in not as soft? Also did it break in/strech any?

It was pretty stiff and little uncomfortable when I got it first but after a couple of days of wearing it it was fine and comfortable, you get that with any new leathers. Quality is excellent, it has seen all sorts of weather and still looks as good as the day i bought it. Same as any leathers if you do not mind them they will start to show wear and tear.

The white strips around the upper chest have ventilation holes and do let a quite a bit of air in, and that's why I got the windproof base layer. I was greatfull to have them on those rare hot days we get though.

It was pretty stiff and little uncomfortable when I got it first but after a couple of days of wearing it it was fine and comfortable, you get that with any new leathers. Quality is excellent, it has seen all sorts of weather and still looks as good as the day i bought it. Same as any leathers if you do not mind them they will start to show wear and tear.

The white strips around the upper chest have ventilation holes and do let a quite a bit of air in, and that's why I got the windproof base layer. I was greatfull to have them on those rare hot days we get though.

Size wise did you go for a size bigger?

Is the Stunt different fit to the Slice do you know?

Size wise did you go for a size bigger?

Is the Stunt different fit to the Slice do you know?

I didn't, when I wore it the first time I thought that i made a mistake but once it settled it was perfect, I wear a t-shirt and a base layer rather than bulky jumpers underneath it so its fine. Don't forget leathers are meant to fit like gloves, they are not meant to be worn loose so if you do not plan on wearing bulky clothes underneath it get your size. If was going to be wearing anything bulky underneath it then I would have to go a size bigger.

Below are the base layer's i got. They are also meant to be tight fitting for them to work correctly. They are a bit more expensive now as they were on sale when I got them at the time.
    http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/65273

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/65295

• Advertisement

I didn't, when I wore it the first time I thought that i made a mistake but once it settled it was perfect, I wear a t-shirt and a base layer rather than bulky jumpers underneath it so its fine. Don't forget leathers are meant to fit like gloves, they are not meant to be worn loose so if you do not plan on wearing bulky clothes underneath it get your size. If was going to be wearing anything bulky underneath it then I would have to go a size bigger.

Below are the base layer's i got. They are also meant to be tight fitting for them to work correctly. They are a bit more expensive now as they were on sale when I got them at the time.
    http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/65273

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/65295

Excellent I'll think I'll get meself one of those wise windproofs.

I'll think I'll order the stunt, do you know if it's slightly longer then the slice due to the "street cut"? Its just I'm 6"3 and the slice is fairly short on me.

Excellent I'll think I'll get meself one of those wise windproofs.

I'll think I'll order the stunt, do you know if it's slightly longer then the slice due to the "street cut"? Its just I'm 6"3 and the slice is fairly short on me.

Nope, its the same but if you get the right size you'll be grand!

Nope, its the same but if you get the right size you'll be grand!

Is it the same story with the pants, I'm between a 34" and 36".

Advertisement