Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding people selling PS4s and Xbox Ones on Adverts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There's more than one shop doing it sure :p some shop is the omni is apparently knocking them out at 600 a pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If CEX are shifting them for over rrp prices they are profiteering as well, capitalism at this time of year can get stuffed.

CEX are selling them for €550:

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB001#.UriUE_tdyM0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

look "profiteering" isn't all that bad, shops or even people selling ps4's for whatever the going market rate is isn't a problem

the problem is people buying them with absolutely no intention of using them, just so they can sell them on a few days later. depriving people who would actually want to use one of actually picking one up for a reasonable price just so you can be a ****. That is the issue, not the money being charged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

look "profiteering" isn't all that bad, shops or even people selling ps4's for whatever the going market rate is isn't a problem

the problem is people buying them with absolutely no intention of using them, just so they can sell them on a few days later. depriving people who would actually want to use one of actually picking one up for a reasonable price just so you can be a ****. That is the issue, not the money being charged.

I suppose.
    Still hope they lose their shirts when regular stocks become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Someone is making profit though or are we to believe that Sony are not making huge money from the Playstation franchise?

The PlayStation 3 was a very successful console for sony, but they lost a pretty penny on it overall. So no, they're not making huge money from it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did they make money from the games though?
    I take it as read that the console is going to cost them, as it did every other developer, but isn't it software sales where they make a few Bob, with a fee for every game sold?
    At least Nintendo with their last gen console hardware again might not have the same sort of R&D costs, or did the Gamepad require a lot of investment? I suspect not tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The entire department bled money solid for most of the ps3's life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Are hoteliers scumbags for increasing their price by 50% during the tourist season? For example in August, when demand for rooms is high.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,309 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Johngoose wrote: »
    Are hoteliers idiots for decreasing their price by 50% during the off season? For example in October, when demand for rooms is low.

Perspective.

I presume most of the people on the high moral ground will sell their house for a very low price in next property bubble, to the nice parents of nice children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I presume most of the people on the high moral ground will sell their house for a very low price in next property bubble, to the nice parents of nice children.

That reminds me I must get a second mortgage on my Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Poor old Johngoose, this thread has hit him hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Are hoteliers scumbags for increasing their price by 50% during the tourist season? For example in August, when demand for rooms is high.

I am sure hoteliers will tell you that they reduce their prices in the off season from the standard price in the tourist season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

What is the RRP of a house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sarumite wrote: »
    What is the RRP of a house?

Whatever someone is willing to pay ;)

I pre ordered a PS4 for the kids in January, didnt take it in the end gave it to someone else.

I chose to obtain the seasons hottest toy in January.......all those other needy parents could have done the same but alas they didnt and people made money off them.

Suppose you could call it the Didnt Preorder Stupidity tax....its not like the PS4 was just announced a month ago. Anyone who paid those prices kinda deserved it.

Oh but the parents dont know what the kids want etc:....Teh Fcuk you should always know what your kids are into and not into .....its not hard ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A lot of these sellers are doing what happened during the bubble & selling a product marked well above face value. I can understand €50 or that but €750 or that for a console and Knack or NBA Live is taking the michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Whats wrong with making a profit if people are happy to pay a price let them no one holds a gun to their head
    And if people dont sell their ps4 then big deal they gambled and lost its the way of the world no need to gloat over it
    The way every one selling goods or services sets their price is the maximum the market will sustain

Davei141 wrote: »
    Poor old Johngoose, this thread has hit him hard.
    Davei141:- you are right, has hit me hard!;-) Overzealous new poster on site?;-)

What new poster is this??
    It's good to get the debate going. [saracsm] taking care not to upset those poor, honest resellers who are only trying to make an honest euro.[/sarcasm]

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What new poster is this??
    It's good to get the debate going. [saracsm] taking care not to upset those poor, honest resellers who are only trying to make an honest euro.[/sarcasm]
    I wAs referring to myself as an overzealous new poster. Never heard anyone having to spell out that they were being sarcastic so clearly. Chandler Bing is your idol?

• Advertisement

I wAs referring to myself as an overzealous new poster. Never heard anyone having to spell out that they were being sarcastic so clearly. Chandler Bing is your idol?
    Let me guess you are some cocky, well educated and smug individual, who has never encountered economic hardship? You went to a good secondary school and university?A bit conceited about ourselves are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Let me guess you are some cocky, well educated and smug individual, who has never encountered economic hardship? You went to a good secondary school and university?A bit conceited about ourselves are we?

Quoted yourself there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Fail.

I as a gamer booked my console long ago. Every gamer had that choice some put it on the long finger and didn't get a console. I never sold my console but if people pre-booked and are selling a console, if the price they are selling it at is over the top you have to take the fact that these people have to wait to get another console into the equation. Its like you are paying them compensation, if you dont want to pay that price then just wait.

If anyone wanted to buy a console that bad you could have easily stuck a tenner on it a few months ago, so tough luck if parents decide to buy it at the last minute tell the little brats to wait for the console.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Quoted yourself there.
    Are you talking via the Creative Soundcard in your arse? What kind of microphone are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

You'd be crazy to pay that money for either console but kids put huge pressure on their parents at Christmas to get one but there are people paying it

It's even worse with concert tickets

Back of the hand and thats that problem sorted.

What kind of a clown pays 700 quid for a PS4 because there 10 year old puts pressure on them seriously? Grow a pair of bollix for **** sake.

Back of the hand and thats that problem sorted.

What kind of a clown pays 700 quid for a PS4 because there 10 year old puts pressure on them seriously? Grow a pair of bollix for **** sake.
    I agree with you entirely, but apparently it's illegal for Irish people to smack their kids nowadays...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Keep it friendly, folks, this thread is going downhill fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Are you talking via the Creative Soundcard in your arse? What kind of microphone are you using?

The dude was politely letting you know that you're little rant about being educated and whatnot, was to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Corporations do this all the time. Now everyone loses their **** when a consumer tries to make a quick buck. It's scummy behaviour but that's capitalism for you.

Advertisement