Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot Water

• 23-12-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm clueless about home stuff so bear with me! In an apt where the heating is gas. Problem is hot water. We have a timer that should kick in at the morning time. The timer seems to be kicking in (it shows a red light) but no hot water. Likewise if I use the boost feature.

Is this a boiler issue or something a plumber could fix? Not too sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

More Info needed. What make and Model is Boiler. I assume it's a Combi.
    Is it actually firing and running when the timer kicks in.

As to your question. It sounds more like a Boiler problem and so a job for a Heating engineer. Just be sure the Engineer is familiar with the make and model of Boiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It could be one of several things, but first things first...
    Is the central heating boiler actually working i.e. Are your radiators heating up when you want them to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Do you have a gas boiler and a separate hot water cylinder in the hot press? If you have a cylinder, are you using an electric immersion to heat hot water, or does the gas boiler do it? And as k.flyer asked, are the radiators working? See if you can post a few pictures of the boiler, timeswitches and any room thermostats, and also the inside of the hot press. It could just be a faulty zone valve.

Advertisement