Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still no broadband

Options
  • 23-12-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I've posted here on the 25 th of Nov just gone about this same problem.

Here's the short version- about 7 weeks ago now eircom sales called me and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to eFibre. I said yrd. A week later or so, eircom efibre installer arrives, he has no modem for me with him, so my existing broadband gets disconnected, I'm told eFibre is installed and I'm just waiting on an eFibre modem.
    After Around 30 calls from me to eircom, 2 emails to their complaints Section, 10 calls from my wife to eircom, 4 modems, 3 order numbers, and around 5 members of eircom staff promising me that regardless of all of this that they will definitely get it sorted. I have no broadband and not ONCE HAS A PERSON FROM EIRCOM CONTACTED ME! Seriously I'm not over egging out at all here.
    All I want is one eircom person to say - I'm looking astride this now and you will have broadband up and running by
    ???
    That's all I'm liking for.

They are shocking!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Staff Sergeant

Picture of modems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I've posted here on the 25 th of Nov just gone about this same problem.

Here's the short version- about 7 weeks ago now eircom sales called me and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to eFibre. I said yrd. A week later or so, eircom efibre installer arrives, he has no modem for me with him, so my existing broadband gets disconnected, I'm told eFibre is installed and I'm just waiting on an eFibre modem.
    After Around 30 calls from me to eircom, 2 emails to their complaints Section, 10 calls from my wife to eircom, 4 modems, 3 order numbers, and around 5 members of eircom staff promising me that regardless of all of this that they will definitely get it sorted. I have no broadband and not ONCE HAS A PERSON FROM EIRCOM CONTACTED ME! Seriously I'm not over egging out at all here.
    All I want is one eircom person to say - I'm looking astride this now and you will have broadband up and running by
    ???
    That's all I'm liking for.

They are shocking!

Any suggestions?
    Hi Staff Sergeant
    this is certainly not usual and you most definitely should have had a follow up call, as promised. Would you mind PM'ing me your details and I will have this investigated immediately.
    Tony

Hi Staff Sergeant
    this is certainly not usual and you most definitely should have had a follow up call, as promised. Would you mind PM'ing me your details and I will have this investigated immediately.
    Tony

Pm sent Tony

Gary

Just read back my first massage there, lots of spelling errors due to predictive keyboard!

Sorry

Just read back my first massage there, lots of spelling errors due to predictive keyboard!

Sorry

• Advertisement

Hi Staff Sergeant
    Tony

Pm sent Tony

Gary

Thanks Gary
    I have sent this to appropriate team and asked for follow up on this..
    I will be back as soon as I have info.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

"this is certainly not usual"

My brother left UPC in November after I foolishly told him to try eircom for broadband and tv . so He rang up eircom 27 of November. They came out put a hole in the wall ran some wires through left. Still no phone broadband or tv. He has rang now multiple times and talked to many different people. on every occasion he is told they will get back to him.

He ends up having to ring them back yet again. communications company? or does communication only kick in when money is over due?

So now Christmas came the kids got tablets phones new games. But No internet to use their presents on and no tv stations. And I can't help but feel like I am to blame for recommending eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MedHead

My brother left UPC in November after I foolishly told him to try eircom for broadband and tv . so He rang up eircom 27 of November. They came out put a hole in the wall ran some wires through left. Still no phone broadband or tv. He has rang now multiple times and talked to many different people. on every occasion he is told they will get back to him. 

He ends up having to ring them back yet again. communications company? or does communication only kick in when money is over due?

So now Christmas came  the kids got tablets phones new games. But No internet to use their presents on and no tv stations. And I can't help but feel like I am to blame for recommending eircom.
    I am in a very similar situation to this, We had a bit of a saga to actually get the line and router installed and almost 3 weeks later the router still won't connect. We have been bounced between customer services, technicians and complaints so many times at this stage its hard to keep track! Entirely unsatisfied with the 'explanations' received so far. Due to a lack of a stable connection I am being forced to cut my holidays short, its absolutely disgraceful!! 

So now Christmas came  the kids got tablets phones new games. But No internet to use their presents on and no tv stations. And I can't help but feel like I am to blame for recommending eircom.
    Hi SterlingArcher Our apologies that this has not been provided within the given time frame, and he should certainly have received a call back if promised. Could you ask your brother to contact us here on Boards.ie, or on our own eircom forum here and we would be happy to have this investigated for him.
    Tony

• Advertisement

MedHead wrote: »

I am in a very similar situation to this, We had a bit of a saga to actually get the line and router installed and almost 3 weeks later the router still won't connect. We have been bounced between customer services, technicians and complaints so many times at this stage its hard to keep track! Entirely unsatisfied with the 'explanations' received so far. Due to a lack of a stable connection I am being forced to cut my holidays short, its absolutely disgraceful!! 
    Hi MedHead
    We can have this issue investigated for you, and can advise why router won't connect.. Can you PM me your land line number?
    Tony

I still haven't had this resolved, I was hoping to hear back a bit sooner Tony. Is there any progress?
    Thinking about going with a different provider now.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I still haven't had this resolved, I was hoping to hear back a bit sooner Tony. Is there any progress?
    Thinking about going with a different provider now.
    Apologies you have not had any update on this. I will chase now and get back to you and push this as fast as we can..
    Tony

Apologies you have not had any update on this. I will chase now and get back to you and push this as fast as we can..
    Tony

Hi,

I would like to cancel my account with Eircom please, from now. I have just tried via phone call to cancel and they said that they would get someone to call me back. I''ve had enough now. I have no confidence in Eircom at all. I want to cancel now as Eircom are now preventing me from having a broad band Service with another provider.

Can an Eircom rep on here confirm cancellation please?

Tony

Hi,

I would like to cancel my account with Eircom please,  from now. I have just tried via phone call to cancel and they said that they would get someone to call me back. I''ve had enough now. I have no confidence in Eircom at all. I want to cancel now as Eircom are now preventing me from having a broad band Service with another provider.

Hi Staff Sergeant
    Our apologies that this issue has not been resolved. I have pushed again for update on this.
    I do understand your frustration, and can assure you that by calling in and stating your intention to cancel, you will receive the call promised and your request will be processed by the appropriate section.
    I am afraid we cannot arrange that here.
    I have chased your request to cancel also, to ensure you do receive call-back.
    Sorry we could not do more for you here.
    Tony

Tony

Hi,

I would like to cancel my account with Eircom please,  from now. I have just tried via phone call to cancel and they said that they would get someone to call me back. I''ve had enough now. I have no confidence in Eircom at all. I want to cancel now as Eircom are now preventing me from having a broad band Service with another provider.

Hi Staff Sergeant
    thanks for taking my call and for your patience. Definitely a bit of a mess on this one but I understand that you spoke with Bill, who seems to have a full grasp on all elements of this one. Bill will be back to you and will keep us updated also. If you do have any further query or issue just let us know.
    I will be back with further, hopefully final update next week.
    Tony

Tony

Hi,

Hi Staff Sergeant
    I have been advised that this has been installed fully and should be up and running. If this is not the case please let us know. Again our apologies for the delay in getting connected here, and thanks for your own patience.
    Tony

Advertisement