Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching club

Options
  • 23-12-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I joined a club last year but with injuries and new arrival to the family last year was a write off. This year however i would like to try make big improvements. The club i joined have set out there training schedule and wit work an family, alot of it doesn't suit me. Is it bad form to go look at other clubs who's training suits me better or just stay wit club an train alone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I know plenty of people that have switched clubs or joined a second club for similar reasons. I don't see it being an issue. If it is, then it probably doesn't say much for the club and how it is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pot p wrote: »
    I joined a club last year but with injuries and new arrival to the family last year was a write off. This year however i would like to try make big improvements. The club i joined have set out there training schedule and wit work an family, alot of it doesn't suit me. Is it bad form to go look at other clubs who's training suits me better or just stay wit club an train alone

Have a look and see if the other clubs timetables suit you better. You probably need to weigh up travel to and from the session too.

Otherwise it may be better to stick with the club you're with and you just have to fit training in around the busy lifestyle.

As most of the parents around here will tell you, there's nothing like an early morning or late at night turbo or run to focus your mind on getting a quality session done. This will probably be your fastest route to imrpovement.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

pot p wrote: »

Triathlon is not the GAA, change away! know loads of people who changed clubs and never known an issue to arise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

If it's important to you that you have organised sessions that suit you I would switch - no point being with a club and wondering if another clubs sessions would suit you better.

I'm pretty sure no one in your club would take offence and I'm also pretty sure you would still be welcome to any of their sessions on an ad-hoc basis if it suited.

Advertisement