Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom aDSL down? Rahoon, Galway

Options
  • 23-12-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    A friend called saying his eircome ADSL broadband has been down since an ESB outage yesterday.in the house? 

Is it something on your side or an issue within the house? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hi,
    A friend called saying his eircome ADSL broadband has been down since an ESB outage yesterday.in the house? 

Is it something on your side or an issue within the house? 
    Hi John
    What area are we talking about? Do you have the phone number of this premises?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Tony,
    Landline: 091 - xxx (number removed now that eircom rep tested line)

The location is a house within this frame: x

-EDIT- I've been told t hat the 'DSL' light on the router is not lit (not even red), but that the 'Internet' light is green... strange

Sounds like a fried router now that I think of it (his neighbours got fried, too)

Just need to know if  broadband is back up in the area (did it even go down?) so I can config a new router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sounds like a fried router now that I think of it (his neighbours got fried, too)

Just need to know if  broadband is back up in the area (did it even go down?) so I can config a new router
    Hi JohnCleary

I've just tested your line and there does seem to be an issue with the line itself to be honest. The line may have been damaged by adverse weather however there is no way I can confirm if this is definitely the case.

You will need to contact broadband support (1890260260) and advise them on what we discussed where they will log this to technicians to have repaired within three working days. I'm not sure how the Christmas period will affect the resolution timeframe but the sooner this is logged the better.

Please make sure to mention my findings when you call

Thanks

Al

Thank you very much for the response, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thank you very much for the response, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas :)
    No worries,

Merry Christmas to you :)

Al

Advertisement