Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rick and Morty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Brilliant stuff as ever. Only 3 left till another long wait 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Tomorrow nights one is this seasons version of interdimensional cable. And judging by the quality of the season so far we should be in for a good un..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think the middle episodes in the season have been pretty mediocre but the last few have been A1. The Citadel one is up there with the best from all seasons!

Love the 'Evil Morty' song they use in those episodes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great episode this week. Love how it felt so different from the Interdimensional Cable episodes but still had the same spirit and allowed them to just show wild things out of context.
    Morty's reaction to true level and him messing up the lightswitches were particular favourites

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wasn't really a massive fan of the interdimensional cable episodes but I loved that episode.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Wasn't really a massive fan of the interdimensional cable episodes but I loved that episode.

The second was a bit hit and miss, mostly bolstered by Jerry's B-story about giving up his penis, but I thought the first was fantastic. Some of the bits in it were just genius and so ridiculous, but it was also bolstered by a surprisingly strong B-story too with the alternate versions of Beth & Jerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

loved the last episode and the one before it. This season has been excellent so far imo, how many more episodes are there ???

loved
    when morty thought he saw the new guidence couselor on the moon and he drove him to kill himself and turns out it was only a smuch on the lens lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Gru

PTH2009 wrote: »
    loved the last episode and the one before it. This season has been excellent so far imo, how many more episodes are there ???

loved
    when morty thought he saw the new guidence couselor on the moon and he drove him to kill himself and turns out it was only a smuch on the lens lol.

Two more only. As for
    the creepy moon guy the reg on his car was SATFIV3 too

There were so many excellent flashes including
    Mr Poopy Butthole proposing to Morty in one,
    Or them burying Santa.
    . Can't wait to see the last two buy I'll be sad when it's over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gru wrote: »
    Two more only. As for
    the creepy moon guy the reg on his car was SATFIV3 too
    His name was Mr Lunus too lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"Tommy's still in there raping Muppets and eating babies..."

I lost my ****.

Beth has been superb lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Season 3 began with such promise but everything since episode 4 has been terrible. The Citadel episode being the worst so far.

Compared to 1&2 this season has been disappointing. I hope the show hasn't peaked too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think this season's been great apart from the last episode about beth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Season 3 began with such promise but everything since episode 4 has been terrible. The Citadel episode being the worst so far.

Compared to 1&2 this season has been disappointing. I hope the show hasn't peaked too soon.

Really? I think pretty much the opposite. It started slow (other than episode one, which I don't count because it was ages ago), but built up really nicely as the season went though. From episode 5 onwards I actually enjoyed this season most, except for the finale which I just watched and wasn't a massive fan of.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series, it had some excellent highs and a few mediocre moments.

The finale was one of the lower end episodes in my opinion, still very entertaining but maybe I was just disappointed at how
    Rick and the President just had this all out war, it feels like they really tried to emphasize how much of a dick Rick is this season, but this just seemed over the top in terms of assholery.
    It reminded me of the way Rick was in the Vindicators episode. It actually feels out of character for Rick for some reason, maybe this c-137 Rick is himself a clone, and the real him decided to up and leave at the end of the last episode, whereas Beth is not a clone as she fears.

I'm pretty sure the series was supposed to have 14 episodes but they ran out of time, so maybe there would have been better resolution instead of the rushed feeling to the end that we did get. Phoenix person and Tammy never re-surfaced either :(

Even so, I loved this season and I'll miss having it to watch every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Great season apart from two episodes in the middle. Hopefully not as long a wait this time

Was a little disappointed with the final episode, was expecting more.

Enjoyed the season overall though, hopefully not waiting too long for season 4.

Brief review, marks out of 10 for each episode

"The Rickshank Rickdemption" - 10
    "Rickmancing the Stone" - 7
    "Pickle Rick" - 9
    "Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender" - 8
    "The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy" - 8
    "Rest and Ricklaxation" - 7
    "The Ricklantis Mixup"/"Tales from the Citadel" - 8
    "Morty's Mind Blowers" - 9
    "The ABC's of Beth" - 7
    "The Rickchurian Mortydate" - 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You should look at some of the fan fiction and easter eggs spotted, The Vindicators are made up of the exact same characters as The Ball Fondlers, they've got a Crocodile and Noob Noob looking character too.

Pretty pissed no more citadel or Tammy and Phoenix Person neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Was a little disappointed with the final episode, was expecting more.
    Agreed. To a certain extent it seemed to be a bit of a pisstake of Rick & Morty itself. Rick has been buffed a lot this season, far more "powerful" when compared to S1 and there's a line in the last episode saying, "He's not a God!", which I think is a nod to this ever increasing invulnerability of Rick through the season.
    Now that the "master reset" has been pushed and the family are all back together like at the start of S1, there'll be more of a focus on the fun stuff and peril as opposed to just Rick being an arrogant invincible prick?

Still looking forward to S4. I'll rewatch the season again no doubt.

seamus wrote: »
    To a certain extent it seemed to be a bit of a pisstake of Rick & Morty itself.

Yeah, it seemed very "meta" at times. Something which appeared in Dan Harmon's other creation, Community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rick & Morty Thanksgiving short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah not yet. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t get renewed considering how successful it’s been but you never know. You’d think Netflix would surely be interested and they have money to burn.

At least they made this:

I don't see Netflix picking it up if the season isn't completely written yet, of course this could be an early April Fools from the creators too, but I can't see Adult Swim wanting to end the relationship as the show is a serious success.

Dan Harmon is on SModcast with Kevin Smith, first part of a two-part interview was released this morning. Haven't listened to it all yet, but he basically said that they're in Contract Negotiations. So I don't think it's just that Adult Swim haven't renewed it, but they're working on contract details in order to renew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Yip, sounds like a ploy to get more money in contract negotiations

Snotty wrote: »
    Yip, sounds like a ploy to get more money in contract negotiations

Who is looking to get more money, though? Harmon & Roiland looking to get more money, or Adult Swim looking to get a percentage of the R&M merchandise etc outside of the show. That's what I'm wondering.

Probably both

• Advertisement

This was the April fools day Rick and Morty Bushland Adventures this year, it was equally amazing and downright bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah geez, massive renewal announcement Rick! 70 more episodes announced. Renewed up to Season 10! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

https://renewcanceltv.com/rick-morty-renewed-for-70-more-episodes-by-adult-swim/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Ah geez, massive renewal announcement Rick! 70 more episodes announced. Renewed up to Season 10! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

https://renewcanceltv.com/rick-morty-renewed-for-70-more-episodes-by-adult-swim/

And that’s the waaay the news goes! Any word on the release date of season 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Who are the 2 people @ 0:04 before Squanch supposed to be?

Beth and Summer I'd guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Just watched the first episode last night. Very sharp dialogue. I'll stick with it for a while. Is Morty always this whiny? It was understandable in the pilot but still early days for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched the first episode last night. Very sharp dialogue. I'll stick with it for a while. Is Morty always this whiny? It was understandable in the pilot but still early days for me.

Keep watching it gets better and better.
    Morty is a bit whiny with his aw geeez but doesn't bother you after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

gmisk wrote: »
    Keep watching it gets better and better.
    Morty is a bit whiny with his aw geeez but doesn't bother you after a while.

Heard good things about it. It's nice starting out on new shows that received positive reviews. I'm late to the party as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Heard good things about it. It's nice starting out on new shows that received positive reviews. I'm late to the party as usual
    It's fantastic imo.
    I was late to it as well. Report back how you get on :)

Morty is Rick's teenage morale compass he's a whinny little runt with the power to talk Rick down at times but really he's the sidekick for the most part Red Shirt guy even, Rick is God definitely stick with it full of shock humour and a often very intense storyline.

• Advertisement

Not long now only 6 months :)

‘Rick and Morty’ Season 4 to Premiere in 2019
    “Rick and Morty” Season 4 is on it’s way!

The hit Adult Swim series is set to return for its fourth season in November 2019, it was announced Wednesday at the WarnerMedia upfront presentation in New York.

Season 4 will premiere just over two years after the finale of Season 3 in October 2017, the longest gap yet between seasons of the show. Over a year elapsed between the Season 1 finale in April 2014 and the Season 2 premiere in July 2015, while there was nearly a two year break between the end of Season 2 in October 2015 and the first episode of Season 3 on April Fools Day 2017. Season 3 then resumed in July of that year.

It was announced last May that Adult Swim had given “Rick and Morty” a massive 70-episode order, which will bring the series to 101 episodes. The order is part of a new long-term deal the network has signed with series creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon.

The series has proven to be a ratings goldmine for Adult Swim, with the Season 3 finale scoring a 3.9 rating in adults 18-24 and a 3.2 in adults 18-34 in Nielsen’s Live+Same Day numbers, the highest ratings in network history.

The series follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the multi-verse. Roiland voices both Rick and Morty. The series also features the voices of Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, and Sarah Chalke.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/rick-and-morty-season-4-premiere-date-1203215745/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Too long without pickle rick

Fantastic news. Season 3 was generally excellent imo so hope they can keep the standard high.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

WOW I am delighted to read this but also a little nervous. Every episode is golden in terms of the quality of writing and the character development. I'm almost as interested in the videos you find on YouTube breaking down each episode as I am with the episodes themselves. But I hate to see good shows slowly decline in quality when it becomes so popular or someone just tries to turn it into a cash cow. That's why series like Black Books are great. Few seasons, amazing episodes.

Phoenix Person and Evil Morty bout to **** this place up. Hope we get more Squanchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

It's time that Summer became more raunchy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
Advertisement